F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I have a 2018 FX4 that I just installed 285/70R70 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on. Wheels are Methods and look great. Suspension is stock. No lift or level.

That said, I am so underwhelmed. My wife too!

Did I get too small a tire? Do I need a 2" level kit?

I'M losing my mind after spending the money on this stuff!!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,844 Posts
Photo ?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi folks,

I have a 2018 FX4 that I just installed 285/70R70 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on. Wheels are Methods and look great. Suspension is stock. No lift or level.

That said, I am so underwhelmed. My wife too!

Did I get too small a tire? Do I need a 2" level kit?

I'M losing my mind after spending the money on this stuff!!

Too small! How is that possible with 70" rims? ;)

Yeah pictures would be helpful but regardless the tires will work. So I wouldn't say you messed up, maybe it just isn't what you had hoped for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too small! How is that possible with 70" rims? ;)

Yeah pictures would be helpful but regardless the tires will work. So I wouldn't say you messed up, maybe it just isn't what you had hoped for.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
17" wheels! Haha.

I've included a picture.

·
Registered
726 Posts
That tire isn't much taller than stock. Had that size on my prior truck but will be going 285/75-17 on this one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Doesn't look bad imo - wheel well liners would go a long way to making it look better though. The underside of the white bed is yucky.

A level would help too, definitely. Whether you want to lift the front or lower the rear all depends on how you want to use the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
I agree with wheelwell liners and a mild level.

·
Registered
66 Posts
So if you want bigger, take the loss on a resell and get what you want ;) It may bug you everytime you walk up to it. Have you called the store to see if they will "deal" on the bigger set. They will sell yours no problem anyways
Doesnt hurt to ask! It's good customer service as well...happy customers bring their friends.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if you want bigger, take the loss on a resell and get what you want ;) It may bug you everytime you walk up to it. Have you called the store to see if they will "deal" on the bigger set. They will sell yours no problem anyways
Doesnt hurt to ask! It's good customer service as well...happy customers bring their friends.
That's not a bad idea!

I will try a level first, bringing the front up 2". If that doesn't satisfy me I'll reach out to store.

·
Registered
71 Posts

Mine are 32" (vs. your 32.7"), 2" drop in back for level, and wheel well liners, for reference.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Looks perfect as is.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Ahhh...sorry Sir. And I agree.
I'm on 4.5" lift up front and 6" in the back and only on 34's and think it looks great. So I'm biased.

·
Premium Member
2,844 Posts
That's not a bad idea!

I will try a level first, bringing the front up 2". If that doesn't satisfy me I'll reach out to store.

2” front lift is too much if ya don’t want the tires to look small. Why not just measure the rear fender height and bring the front up to that ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts