F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Put an exhaust and intake on it to open it up and get it tuned. I destroy my buddies raptors all the time they constantly want to race me... LOL! Look into SCT they have a few options for you another popular one is the Livernois tuner a lot of people on the forums seem to like it. I had custom tunes made for my truck by more power tuning (MPT) out of Orlando FL. I am very happy with my power and all-around performance. There are a few vendors on the site that are very active here on the forum extremely knowledgeable of the trucks and good all around people I would start by talking to them. Look them up under vendors on the forum tab. I was going to get a raptor and when I saw the FX4 I purchased I decided to take a chance and get it instead it. I am way happier I have access to a few raptors and just on fuel savings alone I'm so much happier with my choice.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I was looking at the purchase of a F250 with the Ford Big V8 6.2 but was greatly unimpressed with the power and torque of the motor. I felt that the 5.0 in the F150 delivered more power than the 6.2. Then I just by chance took a spin in the Ecoboost FX4 and it was a winner in my book.

As for power, it aftermarket is just awaiting your wallet or credit card. The power is there to be found or unleashed with the available options on the current market. And as the popularity of the Eco grows so does and will the sources for more offerings in the HP/TQ field.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is from the show GEARS. Wouldn't the Air Raid air intake add more power, too? And who makes this Heart Throb exhaust system? Would an intercooler upgrade add more power too?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Airaid and AFE2 seem to be the top performers for intakes.

Exhaust has been up to preference but I would ABSOLUTELY get the MAK y-pipe in your purchase.

There are multiple intercooler options (MAK, Wagner, Full Race). Full race relocates the intercooler in front Of the radiator, MAK utilizes the factory location.

Tuning is the big one... Research, research, research, and them research more. There are many great tuning options. Personally, I run a custom Livernois tune. Does this mean its the best? Not my call. I think it's a VERY well produced tune and has been absolutely flawless for me. The power is incredible.

MAK offers an AFE charge pipe

from comparing dyno charts, I estimate my truck to be around 380rwhp / 460 tq and ~16-17# boost

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good Lord.............grow up! It is a six cylinder truck for crying out loud. Buy you something you can modify that you can make truly fast if you want to go to the strip. Don't screw up a nice truck that was NEVER intended to be a drag monster.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Not your typical six cylinder!!!! But agree that the wheelbase options for the current truck are not intended for for drag racing. The tremor package is much more suited towards that type of driving.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not your typical six cylinder!!!! But agree that the wheelbase options for the current truck are not intended for for drag racing. The tremor package is much more suited towards that type of driving.
Listen to make power for drag racing you need cubic inches. A six banger with twenty turbos is not the way to go. Buy a cheap car and fix it up to race. Leave your truck to haul the parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Listen to make power for drag racing you need cubic inches. A six banger with twenty turbos is not the way to go. Buy a cheap car and fix it up to race. Leave your truck to haul the parts.
look up Toyota supra tt or any turbo car for that matter even a eagle talon tsi is capable of being a 9 sec car in the quarter, case in point you don't need cubic inches to be fast at the track!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
look up Toyota supra tt or any turbo car for that matter even a eagle talon tsi is capable of being a 9 sec car in the quarter, case in point you don't need cubic inches to be fast at the track!
I'm an American car guy 100% but boosted is right. It's no mistake that the supras and evos are ridiculously quick. There are many options othe than throwing a 6.2L motor on a car and calling it a day

·
Registered
2 Posts
I owned an ecoboost. Then git jealous and bought a raptor. Then decided the 6.2 was too weak for me at my elevation, so I went back to an ecoboost and couldn't be happier with my decision! Mpt is a great company also!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nine seconds at the strip is average. I thought you guys were talking fast cars. I just find it humorous when folks start talking about taking a boosted six banger to the drag strip. LOL.....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Nine seconds at the strip is average. I thought you guys were talking fast cars. I just find it humorous when folks start talking about taking a boosted six banger to the drag strip. LOL.....
Single digit passes are far from average.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
About this Discussion
66 Replies
19 Participants
limited
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing