F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I installed Bilsteins all around with the front set at the 2nd to the top setting. I'm getting ready to buy after market wheels and after some research. I realized there's so many choices and options to consider. They said the most important is the wheel offset. That said what is the ideal wheel offset for an 18x9 wheels for performance and handling? I've seen a fellow member here phantomblackgto that has an 18x9 with a +20mm offset with 295/65/18 tires and it looks awesome. I think I might go with his set up. But before I do I just want to ask the other veterans here on what is the ideal safe offset that's good for performance and handling. Any range? Fyi, my stock 18x7.5 has a +44mm offset which tucks the wheel inside the wheel well. Also be nice to know the ones for 20x9 wheels too. Thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
1,443 Posts
Performance and handling isn't going to vary overly much between most offsets (unless you get kind of crazy with it). The real questions are 1). How wide of a tire are you going to run? 2). How far you want your wheel and tire combination to stick out from your fender? 3). Are you going to be adding anything down the road that has a specific backspace requirement (UCAs, coilovers with reservoirs, lift kit, etc)?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
20x9s would look really nice! Im in a similar situation but I am going lower....lol Looking for 22-24" tuner wheels and would like the wheels to sit flush with the fender. Thinking a +30 ET with either a 9' or 10" wheel.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Performance and handling isn't going to vary overly much between most offsets (unless you get kind of crazy with it). The real questions are 1). How wide of a tire are you going to run? 2). How far you want your wheel and tire combination to stick out from your fender? 3). Are you going to be adding anything down the road that has a specific backspace requirement (UCAs, coilovers with reservoirs, lift kit, etc)?
I know for sure a 295/65/18 will fit perfectly on a 18x9 +20mm offset. But I want to know if a 295/70/18 will fit too? I check the 18x9s wheels that I wanted the Fuel Trophy which comes in either a +20mm or +18mm offset.

·
Registered
23 Posts
18x9 Ballistic Anvil 0 offset

275/70/18 Goodyear Duratrac

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
i just installed the Fox 2.0 front leveling strut/spring set on my 2014. i am looking at 18x9 wheels with a 12mm or 9mm offset. either 285/65/18 or 305/65/18 nitto terra grapplers. anyone have this set up? i am just concerned about rubbing at full turn.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I did +25 on my '13 SCrew. It adds and equal amount of wheel width on the inside and outside. Still running the stock size, 285/65 R18's and it look much better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i am looking at 285/65/18 tires on 18x9 wheels. 18mm offset. i can't really afford 20's. also, i would like more sidewall.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts