F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! New to the dorum but u currently have a 2012 eco-screw and have 30,000 miles now and have been fighting a rough idle for at least 10k miles now... Any suggestions, im on my second set of motorcraft plugs, drop in aem filter, fresh oil, fuel additives etc... Nothing has helped... So im lovin the truck except for that... Any help is welcomed! Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have you tried a KAM- keep alive memory reset? Disconnect battery for about 5 minutes while disconnected turn on headlight switch to drain all residual power from the truck. When you reconnect power you will need to complete an entire drive cycle and the ECM will be learning the whole time. When you first start the truck let it idle for a minute, then turn max ac on and let it idle for a minute so it learns to idle with a load also. Maybe this will help you

·
Registered
274 Posts
Did this work?

·
Registered
868 Posts
it doenst cost anything to disconnect the battery for 5 min and let the ECM relearn a few perameters under load !

besides that most dealerships are going to laugh at you if you pull up and say your truck idles rough.
its a whole different story if an injector is blocked or something physically wrong

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys! I did do this, but i found that my brake booster vacuum line had blown off so that was the cause of my rough idle and surging...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing