F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Modinstrator
3,178 Posts
If it’s a push button start it should start but let you know a key is not in range. You would not be able to drive it. I think if it’s a typical twist key it would not start. This all said there are quite a few other things that will cause a no start. Anything from a bad battery to a gear selector position switch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it’s a push button start it should start but let you know a key is not in range. You would not be able to drive it. I think if it’s a typical twist key it would not start. This all said there are quite a few other things that will cause a no start. Anything from a bad battery to a gear selector position switch.
It is a twist key. What has been happening was truck would start most of the time. But once in a while it would do nothing when you turn the key. Took it to a repair shop. The put it on the computer and said it was the ignition switch, then they retested and found a secondary fault in ignition cylinder assembly. Replaced and had to reprogram I think the key when they replaced all that. Two days later it did it again. I was looking at the key and thought well it does have a battery in there so I changed it. So far it is starting each time. It's a 2012 Ford F150. Just wanted to see if it was possible for that to affect it. Otherwise I would take it back to the repair shop.

·
Modinstrator
3,178 Posts
(y)Hopefully you’ve caged the Gremlin. When my batteries have needed to be changed (push button) I get a message on the screen that says the fob battery is low.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope it did fix it. Just didn't know if it could do that. On the receipt it says it had a B10F1-14 Key in ignition open/short. I hope it wasn't just the key battery after spending over $700.00.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope it did fix it. Just didn't know if it could do that. On the receipt it says it had a B10F1-14 Key in ignition open/short. I hope it wasn't just the key battery after spending over $700.00.
Thanks for your response!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts