F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
You asked for opinions... I say it looks perfect! I would not lower the front, especially if you’ve got load squat covered with the ras

Edit... are those trail or ridge grapplers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
Have you put them through their paces yet? Interested in some feedback... will be getting new rubber soon

I guess the claim from nitto is you get a lot of the MT benefit with an AT road manner

·
Registered
699 Posts
I think cab high looks much better.

I’m tempted myself but went with a tonneau cover instead.
Ditto the cab-high sentiment... also regarding side windows... the flip up style are great for accessing gear, but the sliders come with screens... good if you are camping or need to give the dog some air flow

·
Registered
699 Posts
Saw an f250 tremor with the tall cap in Tucson that looked pretty sharp, but he had plate bumpers etc... not quite as polished a look as yours. It was even mag grey. Alas, no pic

Some Thule or Yakima load bars might help balance out the look

·
Registered
699 Posts
Most load bars are 200# each, not accounting for what the shell itself is “rated” to support.

If you can find a set of the old Thule tracker feet (discontinued) they are IMO the best option for quick removal/install... these feet stay in the tracks and the load bars just snap on and off

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you like to overland... ie you are camping along a trail then moving on each day... that’ll be a sweet setup.

If however you tend to go to one place for several days, the overland rig, especially RTTs can be a hindrance as you have to fold up camp to go on any vehicular excursions... that’s been my experience anyway

That said, the RTT experience was very comfortable and fun. If your little ones are gonna be in there with you, get a BIG one!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Finally got the Diode dynamic ssc1's mounted in the bumper. These are bright for how little these suckers are!

Mesured 6 times then cut and my OCD butt instantly noticed the passanger side one is 1/4" out towards the end of the bumper more then drivers side
I got over it quick though.

I could not tell until I looked at the “output” pic... definitely throws off the light distribution

·
Registered
699 Posts
I was just jerking ya... can’t tell a thing from pictures. One of those things only you’ll see, but still drives you crazy

·
Registered
699 Posts
I know that I am dredging up a post from way back in this thread, but your enthusiasm for the improvement of ride EMPTY has me encouraged. I was under the impression that the purpose of this kit was enhancing a loaded ride and not influencing an empty ride. So are you saying that the adjustability allows you to bring them into play, so to speak, on an empty bed?
And if you were to do it again, and with the emphasis on the empty bed ride entirely (instead of when towing) would you go with the regular kit or the heavy duty kit?

I started a thread with an explanation of what I am intending to accomplish.

That is a dredge from the past… Ike’s next post was about thinking he’d like a new sound system! Come a long way since.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts