F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Husky wheel well liners came in today, I’m liking them more than I thought I would. Pretty simple installation once I actually read the instructions correctly

I know everybody’s already seen many pictures of them but whatever, I’m going to post some up on my thread also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, gotta get me some of those!!!

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
How was the install? I was looking at purchasing them.
It was crazy easy man, after I actually read the directions correctly. I even had my 3 1/2-year-old daughter help me.
about 15 minutes total maybe 20

Very good fit and finish also, all the holes lined up very well.

I did lay them in the sun for about 30 minutes before I started installing them though

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
It was crazy easy man, after I actually read the directions correctly. I even had my 3 1/2-year-old daughter help me.
about 15 minutes total maybe 20

Very good fit and finish also, all the holes lined up very well.

I did lay them in the sun for about 30 minutes before I started installing them though

I wonder how they will clean up and will they turn that grey color black plastic turns over time with road dirt and stuff? As long as they stay like they are new that would be good!

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
I wonder how they will clean up and will they turn that grey color black plastic turns over time with road dirt and stuff? As long as they stay like they are new that would be good!
I have the Ford ones, but zero fading and make cleaning your wheel wells a snap. I’ve had mine in for 5 years, zero complaints.

·
Premium Member
2,769 Posts
Husky wheel well liners came in today, I’m liking them more than I thought I would. Pretty simple installation once I actually read the instructions correctly

I know everybody’s already seen many pictures of them but whatever, I’m going to post some up on my thread also

I really like how they clean things up! Nice add!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
My huskys are almost two years old and look brand new when washed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the feed back

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wish I would’ve read the directions before bad mouthing mine for an hour because I thought they were interchangeable. I was shoving mine in all kinds of ways and for the life of my could not get it to fit, I was about to give up and return them thinking I had a defective set but then I saw that they are NOT interchangeable and I had been trying to put the left one in the right wheel well and vice versa . Lesson learned lol.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Wish I would’ve read the directions before bad mouthing mine for an hour because I thought they were interchangeable. I was shoving mine in all kinds of ways and for the life of my could not get it to fit, I was about to give up and return them thinking I had a defective set but then I saw that they are NOT interchangeable and I had been trying to put the left one in the right wheel well and vice versa . Lesson learned lol.

Lol

well if it makes you feel any better after reading all the Amazon reviews that doesnt seem uncommon

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Got something coming by FedEx this Thursday for her

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #233
Haha
mainly just a noisemaker since these trucks come from the factory with more than efficient ones as has been proven by dynos over and over again.

Hint hint

·
Registered
218 Posts
Haha
mainly just a noisemaker since these trucks come from the factory with more than efficient ones as has been proven by dynos over and over again.

Hint hint

COBB intake as well? What do I win?

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
COBB intake as well? What do I win?

Close but nope . going to be an open box (one that seals against the hood) since there’s pretty much no performance different with an aftermarket intake and the only thing I'll want it for is sound.
I had an s&b for a minute but barley made any sound change unless I took the plastic cover/window off so sold it after about 2k miles

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Just sold my oem wheels and tires for $700, looks like it’s time to order another part. Most likely going to get the MoShimoto intercooler but brain says put the money towards stereo system upgrade lol

guess I should put a little more money into the truck for actual performance, especially for towing this summer and these West Coast mountains.
So moshimoto it is.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Just sold my oem wheels and tires for $700, looks like it’s time to order another part. Most likely going to get the MoShimoto intercooler but brain says put the money towards stereo system upgrade lol

guess I should put a little more money into the truck for actual performance, especially for towing this summer and these West Coast mountains.
So moshimoto it is.

A truck as big as yours deserves a Big Black CAC ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
A truck as big as yours deserves a Big Black CAC ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Damn straight

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #239 (Edited)
Jlt intake showed up today and got it installed. Very happy with it and the sound.

Did exactly what I was looking for, much better then the s&b I had on the truck for a minute.

The box also seals against the hood much better than I thought it would.

video audio doesn't do it justice.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
So Josh over at 5 Star sent me a revision for the intake and I’m kind of tripping out, in a good way, how much more sound is coming from this intake now with the revision, hear the turbos whistling way more now and much more growling from it. Love it!

Still letting the tune settle in before I really get on it so can’t comment on added power as of now at least from the old butt dyno.

221 - 240 of 289 Posts