F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
What exhaust do you have ? I would like mine more open but not loud.
Diggin your intake and BOV sounds (y)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
What exhaust do you have ? I would like mine more open but not loud.
Diggin your intake and BOV sounds (y)
I swapped out the OEM muffler with a Carven tr 3" muffler and did a 3" resonator delete, I did the resonator delete a while ago before and it just didn’t do much for me as far as sound change. I like this set up because it doesn’t have that gnarly wet fart raspy sound at higher RPMs or WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
Yes (y) Sounds very nice !
I think I will start with the resonator delete also.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Now the worst part, the wait...

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Now the worst part, the wait...

Holy crap! It will be here today before 4 PM

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
So we should see it installed by 8pm?

Lol as the ups guy was stepping off the truck I grabbed it and slid under my truck. Already had all the tools pulled out and ready since last night.

Took me about an hour, removing the plastic shrowd was a pita and getting the mishi up in place was a [email protected]#h as well due to the big a$$ cold side pipe in the way.

This thing is built like a tank

Took about a 30 minute test drive and so far I’m pretty happy. Tomorrow will be the big test the kid and I are heading up to about 10,000 foot elevation, 2 Hour drive one way.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
You'll be happy with that upgrade, I'm sure! I installed one on a 2015 for a friend and it is a well made HEAVY piece.
I can already tell this is going to be a game changer when towing here in the summer through these west coast mountains.

It's crazy watching the ait2 Temps drop like a sack of potatoes from 125deg to 92degree and hold steady when I hammer the throttle in 83 deg ambient Temps. And that was after driving around for almost 2 hours in stop and go city.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Lol as the ups guy was stepping off the truck I grabbed it and slid under my truck. Already had all the tools pulled out and ready since last night.

Took me about an hour, removing the plastic shrowd was a pita and getting the mishi up in place was a [email protected]#h as well due to the big a$$ cold side pipe in the way.

Took about a 30 minute test drive and so far I’m pretty happy. Tomorrow will be the big test the kid and I are heading up to about 10,000 foot elevation, 2 Hour drive one way.

How was the install

·
Registered
698 Posts
I can already tell this is going to be a game changer when towing here in the summer through these west coast mountains.

It's crazy watching the ait2 Temps drop like a sack of potatoes from 125deg to 92degree and hold steady when I hammer the throttle in 83 deg ambient Temps. And that was after driving around for almost 2 hours in stop and go city.

Towing aside did you feel it helped with performance. I understand it kept the temps down but did that translate into a faster truck?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
How was the install
I have the whipple which is comparable. It’s relatively easy but as Isaac mentioned, it’s a hell of a lot easier with a second set of hands.

It’s a tight fit but the [email protected] thing is just heavy. I had sore abs using my knees to help me guide it into place ( was renting and working out of my driveway parking space at the time without a jack)

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #256 (Edited)
Towing aside did you feel it helped with performance. I understand it kept the temps down but did that translate into a faster truck?
an aftermarket intercooler isn't going to give you more power per se what it will do is retain the power that you currently have instead of losing it once the truck becomes heat soak, actually helps prolong heat soak. With the OEM one that usually doesn’t happen to me until summertime so time will tell as it’s only in the 80s here right now.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #257
How was the install
What MAXXPAY said pretty much. I was doing it from the ground myself but my truck is lifted 6 inches which I think may or may not be a benefit, it gave me more room to work but also meant I had to push and hold that sucker up that much farther. The plastic shroud that goes between the grill and the intercooler was the biggest pain in the butt mainly the top part unhooking it. Well actually getting the new intercooler in was a real pain in the buttSince it’s much wider than the OEM one.

I wouldn’t call it difficult but definitely tedious, It will definitely test your patience

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What MAXXPAY said pretty much. I was doing it from the ground myself but my truck is lifted 6 inches which I think may or may not be a benefit, it gave me more room to work but also meant I had to push and hold that sucker up that much farther. The plastic shroud that goes between the grill and the intercooler was the biggest pain in the butt mainly the top part unhooking it. Well actually getting the new intercooler in was a real pain in the buttSince it’s much wider than the OEM one.

I wouldn’t call it difficult but definitely tedious, It will definitely test your patience

How long did it take you

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
How long did it take you
I stopped in the middle to eat dinner with the family but I'd say probably 45 minutes total, give or take.

·
Registered
340 Posts

The shroud was fun wasn't it??? Blnkety blankin' thing is tough to get started but after a few clips it get easy. Other than that my install was simple. And now I farting with BOVG's and have the removal and install down to 15 minutes (TurboSmart electrical connection plug was out of specification and did not fit to seat, they are sending me a new plug). KM

241 - 260 of 270 Posts