F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 289 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Thanks!

Sorry for sidetracking your build thread Sir Ike.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No need to apologize that’s great information!

so from what I’m gathering the
CAC-t pid would be the most accurate one to monitor in regards to seeing the difference this aftermarket intercooler makes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
No need to apologize that’s great information!

so from what I’m gathering the
CAC-t pid would be the most accurate one to monitor in regards to seeing the difference this aftermarket intercooler makes?

I don't know if cac_t before/after is more important than IAT2 before/after. Since it appears IAT2 is the biggest influence on what the ecm is going to decide with timing?

Regardless, if the cac_t sensor is really just a bit upstream from IAT2 sensor, I can't figure out how the before/after temp range difference would be that much different in comparison?

But then I can't even explain what causes an increases of the air temps between cac-t sensor and IAT2. Surely there are mere microseconds that the cooled CAC air travels from one sensor to the other.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
I don't know if cac_t before/after is more important than IAT2 before/after. Since it appears IAT2 is the biggest influence on what the ecm is going to decide with timing?

Regardless, if the cac_t sensor is really just a bit upstream from IAT2 sensor, I can't figure out how the before/after temp range difference would be that much different in comparison?

But then I can't even explain what causes an increases of the air temps between cac-t sensor and IAT2. Surely there are mere microseconds that the cooled CAC air travels from one sensor to the other.

Yeah you’ve got me man
I just know a friend of mine had Mike from mpt tell him that the CAC_t one was more accurate for intercooler temps. But now I’m kind of second-guessing that

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
Yeah you’ve got me man
I just know a friend of mine had Mike from mpt tell him that the CAC_t one was more accurate for intercooler temps. But now I’m kind of second-guessing that

That's probably true if the sensor is closer to the CAC itself. It would be more representative of the CAC temp

But it's also possible that the programming of the truck is less influenced by the CAC sensor than the IAT2 sensor.

At least YOUR CAC temp is believable. Lol
And yet even your CAC Temps indicates a very quick increase in the charged air in a very short distance within a captured plastic pipe.

Kinda lends some credibility to the fella that insulated his charge pipe seeing cooler temps by a few degrees

·
Registered
343 Posts
Will not comment on a 3.5 but my 2.7 IAT2 is circled red, I believe the CAC is green and before the throttle body. The other intake sensor is just downstream from the air filter box, O n my combo only the IAT2 is available as a PID. KM

281 - 289 of 289 Posts