F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 300 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
Thanks!

Sorry for sidetracking your build thread Sir Ike.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No need to apologize that’s great information!

so from what I’m gathering the
CAC-t pid would be the most accurate one to monitor in regards to seeing the difference this aftermarket intercooler makes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
No need to apologize that’s great information!

so from what I’m gathering the
CAC-t pid would be the most accurate one to monitor in regards to seeing the difference this aftermarket intercooler makes?

I don't know if cac_t before/after is more important than IAT2 before/after. Since it appears IAT2 is the biggest influence on what the ecm is going to decide with timing?

Regardless, if the cac_t sensor is really just a bit upstream from IAT2 sensor, I can't figure out how the before/after temp range difference would be that much different in comparison?

But then I can't even explain what causes an increases of the air temps between cac-t sensor and IAT2. Surely there are mere microseconds that the cooled CAC air travels from one sensor to the other.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
I don't know if cac_t before/after is more important than IAT2 before/after. Since it appears IAT2 is the biggest influence on what the ecm is going to decide with timing?

Regardless, if the cac_t sensor is really just a bit upstream from IAT2 sensor, I can't figure out how the before/after temp range difference would be that much different in comparison?

But then I can't even explain what causes an increases of the air temps between cac-t sensor and IAT2. Surely there are mere microseconds that the cooled CAC air travels from one sensor to the other.

Yeah you’ve got me man
I just know a friend of mine had Mike from mpt tell him that the CAC_t one was more accurate for intercooler temps. But now I’m kind of second-guessing that

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Yeah you’ve got me man
I just know a friend of mine had Mike from mpt tell him that the CAC_t one was more accurate for intercooler temps. But now I’m kind of second-guessing that

That's probably true if the sensor is closer to the CAC itself. It would be more representative of the CAC temp

But it's also possible that the programming of the truck is less influenced by the CAC sensor than the IAT2 sensor.

At least YOUR CAC temp is believable. Lol
And yet even your CAC Temps indicates a very quick increase in the charged air in a very short distance within a captured plastic pipe.

Kinda lends some credibility to the fella that insulated his charge pipe seeing cooler temps by a few degrees

·
Registered
364 Posts
Will not comment on a 3.5 but my 2.7 IAT2 is circled red, I believe the CAC is green and before the throttle body. The other intake sensor is just downstream from the air filter box, O n my combo only the IAT2 is available as a PID. KM

·
Registered
467 Posts
View attachment 166814 Will not comment on a 3.5 but my 2.7 IAT2 is circled red, I believe the CAC is green and before the throttle body. The other intake sensor is just downstream from the air filter box, O n my combo only the IAT2 is available as a PID. KM
It is the same on the 3.5 as far as the CAC sensor is but IAT2 is at the back of the intake manifold and is not covered by the engine cover.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Man I love this Mishimoto intercooler! Driving around for about 2.5 hours, ambient temperature started at about 93 at the end of the drive it was about 85. And this was no throttle, as soon as I touch the throttle it drops like a rock.

Still really surprised with the temps of this open box seal against the hood jlt intake also. I wasn’t expecting it to run as cool as it does.
And Daaaamn does it sound gooood

·
Registered
364 Posts
Far as intakes I found this interesting, YOU'RE FIRED! HOT AIR INTAKES! Kinda confirmed some of my thoughts. I spent $$$ on an inter-cooler first. But did insulate my piping to the throttle body,

Tried the air box abd pipes leading to the turbos without much benefit, but the cooler to TB did make a consistent IAT2 drop in temps of as much as 5 degrees. I also used foam rubber weather stripping to improve the hood seal for the intake track from the hood to the scoop

this has been cleaned up since this photo. All my intake comes from in front of the radiator now. KM

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
Far as intakes I found this interesting, YOU'RE FIRED! HOT AIR INTAKES! Kinda confirmed some of my thoughts. I spent $$$ on an inter-cooler first. But did insulate my piping to the throttle body, View attachment 166958

Tried the air box abd pipes leading to the turbos without much benefit, but the cooler to TB did make a consistent IAT2 drop in temps of as much as 5 degrees. I also used foam rubber weather stripping to improve the hood seal for the intake track from the hood to the scoop View attachment 166959
View attachment 166960
this has been cleaned up since this photo. All my intake comes from in front of the radiator now. KM
I’ll have to watch that video when I get a chance later.
But yeah I’ve been extremely impressed with the cooling efficiency of this open box intake

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
so truck goes in on 2 July for the 5000 mile alignment after the lift install, they’re going to re-torque everything as well.

I keep going back-and-forth on whether or not I want them to lower the front coil overs by about a half an inch just to give me slight bit more rake, it’ll be mostly for cosmetics since I have the RAS I’m not very worried about squat with hauling or towing, for the most part.

What the heck do you guys think? Leave it as is or go for it?

I already plastered a post all over the Facebook pages asking for people with 6 inch lift ground to fender measurements upfront, but we know how that goes, Only a couple replies that actually pertain to my question.

As it sits these are the measurements
Ps rear (45 1/8)
Ds rear (45 1/4)
Ds front (45 1/4
Ps front (45 )

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
617 Posts
I think it looks great. Only reason I don't lift is because of my elderly overweight mother who can barely get in with my help and mine is stock height with stepboards. I would lower if I wasn't worried about rear suspension and towing.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
I think it looks great. Only reason I don't lift is because of my elderly overweight mother who can barely get in with my help and mine is stock height with stepboards. I would lower if I wasn't worried about rear suspension and towing.
AMP Research Power Steps have some that drop pretty low if you want to go higher and still have your mother be able to get in. But there is always a cost:(

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Sits perfect. Dont change a thing!
I don't know why I keep going back and forth about it, I really like the way it sits now.

One thing I was also thinking though is, while they're not bad by any means, if I lowered them slightly my cv angles would also benefit a little from doing so.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't know why I keep going back and forth about it, I really like the way it sits now.

One thing I was also thinking though is, while they're not bad by any means, if I lowered them slightly my cv angles would also benefit a little from doing so.

True... But is it worth giving up that perfect stance. Bet it will drive you nuts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You asked for opinions... I say it looks perfect! I would not lower the front, especially if you’ve got load squat covered with the ras

Edit... are those trail or ridge grapplers?

281 - 300 of 318 Posts