F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

301 - 318 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
You asked for opinions... I say it looks perfect! I would not lower the front, especially if you’ve got load squat covered with the ras

Edit... are those trail or ridge grapplers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the input. Kinda leaning that way, leaving it.

These are the ridge Grapplers

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have you put them through their paces yet? Interested in some feedback... will be getting new rubber soon

I guess the claim from nitto is you get a lot of the MT benefit with an AT road manner

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Have you put them through their paces yet? Interested in some feedback... will be getting new rubber soon

I guess the claim from nitto is you get a lot of the MT benefit with an AT road manner

When I first got this set up I took the truck out and tested it out pretty good, I haven’t been able to try it in mud yet though. Decomposed granite and rocky trails/climbs they did really good. Probably one of the best at tires I’ve had for on road as well, the ko2's were great too But oddly enough I seemed to be able to feel those more when rolling on the street.

Definitely better off road then the toyo ats I've ran and I also like them better then the Toyo RT's I've ran in the past.

Next set I get may be the nitto trail Grapplers just to try them, I really liked the Toyo Mt's when I ran those.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have the trail grapplers and there is a noticable difference unless you are in clay. In clay it packs the tires and then you have slicks.

On the lift I would lower all four corners 3".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
I have the trail grapplers and there is a noticable difference unless you are in clay. In clay it packs the tires and then you have slicks.

On the lift I would lower all four corners 3".

Yeah clay gets ya with most tires.

And he!! no! LOL This truck drives absolutely amazing with this lift, no more going back to common folk height!

just kidding, kind of, not really

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
Not sure if I already posted this in here but about 300-400 miles ago I installed the jlt passenger side catch can, checked it today and it’s doing it’s job.
I went with this one because I got it for a great deal, never been a catch Can person I figured what the heck for the price might as well try it.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Up at the cabin for a few days about 10 minutes south of Lake Tahoe.

Put the lift and truck to the test today. On a 10 mile trail here by the Rubicon. Actually had to use the locker on one section of the trail for the first time, very thankful I had it otherwise it could have been a much longer day.
Didn’t bring my air compressor so no airing down this time.

Got a picture parked up on a rock during my shenanigans.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have been about 18° front-to-back and it was fine but only about 12 degrees side to side. I did not enjoy the side to side so I couldn't imagine 20°.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
I have been about 18° front-to-back and it was fine but only about 12 degrees side to side. I did not enjoy the side to side so I couldn't imagine 20°.

It was definitely a little tippy feeling

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Front coil overs lowered 3/4", alignment, tire rotation and re-torque of all suspension

Now she sits perfect with the RAS installed

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #312

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #314
I liked it better leveled. In fantasy football we call this "tinkering". Ur lucky that truck is so sexy. Still looks good.
you know I could never stand a perfectly level truck,mainly because I almost always have something in the bed, but once I got this lifted/leveled it grew on me. But now it has such a minor rake I don’t think most people would even know if they saw it in person. This way when I throw my 50 pound toolbox in the back it’s not sagging either, then of course hauling or towing.

What's really cool is in about 20 minutes I can remove the RAS and BAM! Perfectly level again

Reactions: sleipnir

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #315

Going through some pictures

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Up at the cabin for a few days about 10 minutes south of Lake Tahoe.

Put the lift and truck to the test today. On a 10 mile trail here by the Rubicon. Actually had to use the locker on one section of the trail for the first time, very thankful I had it otherwise it could have been a much longer day.
Didn’t bring my air compressor so no airing down this time.

Got a picture parked up on a rock during my shenanigans.

Just returned from the Rubicon with my 92 YJ in tow......... had a great time wheeling

Reactions: SrpRacing
301 - 318 of 318 Posts