What was your factory setup?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Stereo system wise?

It was just the regular non Sony 7 speaker system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Something pretty cool, so with this dsp I can have up to four different settings for different tuning.
After creating the different tuning profiles I use the ACR3 bass level knob to switch between them, I just press the Knob in and the light turns red then I turn it one click to get to the next profile. I currently have two different profiles, one that's tuned for driver seat with time alignment/delay and one without that for all seats.

Man its crazy how much this stuff has changed since 95 lol

I know you might think I'm crazy, but now that the legitimate electronics and drivers are all onboard, you might consider having one of those profiles professionally tuned?

Specifically for the driver's seat and head location?

No way my "ear" could have come up with the timing and stage presence that the pro and his equipment came up with.

I do enjoy you sharing your passion! No doubt you have built a wicked chariot!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
My system is much less complicated but I did use an amp that has a built in tune/timing program with active crossover settings. Load up a thumb-drive with listed "pink noise" and set the levels as directed. Run the tune program an let it do it's thing. The amp feeds component Morel's in my regular cab. Hard to describe the improvement, the sound absolutely sparkles! KM

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Yea, that real-time-analyzer with the pink noise generator is pretty much the kind of tuning I was referencing. The human ear is subjective, and wonderful, so don't get me wrong,... but audio measuring equipment can tune the "timing" of each source. Resulting in fully leveraging what you paid for.

We live in remarkable times.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
I know you might think I'm crazy, but now that the legitimate electronics and drivers are all onboard, you might consider having one of those profiles professionally tuned?

Specifically for the driver's seat and head location?

No way my "ear" could have come up with the timing and stage presence that the pro and his equipment came up with.

I do enjoy you sharing your passion! No doubt you have built a wicked chariot!

It's all professionally tuned
There's no way I'd take on that task, although I would like to dabble in it in the near future.

They used RTA and another program then when all done with that had me sit in the driver's seat and got my input then adjusted a little more. It was quiet the process

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I guess I should have known. Lol

My bad.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
I guess I should have known. Lol

My bad.

I was going to say, come on man you know me.

I even stopped by yesterday just to have them make a very small little tweak.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Something pretty cool, so with this dsp I can have up to four different settings for different tuning.
After creating the different tuning profiles I use the ACR3 bass level knob to switch between them, I just press the Knob in and the light turns red then I turn it one click to get to the next profile. I currently have two different profiles, one that's tuned for driver seat with time alignment/delay and one without that for all seats.

Man its crazy how much this stuff has changed since 95 lol

The stuff you never knew you needed

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
so they originally installed the base level control knob just screwed on under the dash above the gas pedal. I decided to make it a little more cleaner/custom and moved it.

Turned out great, good old Instagram got a love it that’s where I got the idea.

Just had to do a little Dremel'n then some drilling for the holes.

Used a little piece of sound deadening closed cell foam to cover the top of the circuitboard since it was now exposed just for good measure.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #392
The lifted pig did pretty good on our trip. All up freeway north as well so gradual climb. Lots of stops, 4 year old daughter and wife
5 star 91 performance tune

Stereo playing the whole way

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
2017 XLT S-Crew 4x4
37 Posts
Better average than me with GearHead, I'm jealous 🤣

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Better average than me with GearHead, I'm jealous
I was actually surprised but usually anytime we go on a trip it’s going from sea elevation to about 10k foot elevation, so all uphill and lots of slow switchbacks.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Pretty pumped, long story short the guy who did my DSP tuning at the shop and I hit it off pretty well, we are going to meet up a few times at my house and he’s going to show me the ends and outs and the software for Tuning DSP on his own free time

Super cool dude, he made sure to make a point that he's never done this for a customer before but he loves how passionate I am about sound quality and everything I’ve done to my truck, seems like really good kid.
He’s also getting ready to do a change with his own sound system and going with pretty similar set up that I have.

This all came about because he saw my Instagram name decal on the back of my truck and started following me and we had been chatting through there the past several days.

This shop charges around $150-$200 an hour for Tuning DSP.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
So I’m in Portland Oregon for a funeral until Wednesday, I’m about 2 miles down the road from a very well known stereo shop, I have two extra memory slots for tuning on my DSP, what do I do… Made an appointment to have this guy that’s been in the business for 30+ years tune to one maybe both of those slots just to see what kind of stuff he can do with it.
when I say I can never leave good enough alone it's no exaggeration.

This shop gives you a damn BMW loaner that has a tricked out system in it while they have your vehicle also

pretty awesome.

He listened to my system and said the kid did a pretty good job on the tuning but he has a few things he will do that will make it sound very very nice, as he put it.

Still going to have the other kid come over in the next week or two when I get back home and show me the ropes as well.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
So I’m in Portland Oregon for a funeral until Wednesday, I’m about 2 miles down the road from a very well known stereo shop, I have two extra memory slots for tuning on my DSP, what do I do… Made an appointment to have this guy that’s been in the business for 30+ years tune to one maybe both of those slots just to see what kind of stuff he can do with it.
when I say I can never leave good enough alone it's no exaggeration.

This shop gives you a damn BMW loaner that has a tricked out system in it while they have your vehicle also

pretty awesome.

He listened to my system and said the kid did a pretty good job on the tuning but he has a few things he will do that will make it sound very very nice, as he put it.

Still going to have the other kid come over in the next week or two when I get back home and show me the ropes as well.

Again I am wow'd.
It’s crazy because I was very happy with the sound of my system from my original shop install and tune but man now I am literally blowen away.

If you’re anywhere around Oregon or surrounding area I highly recommend Mobile West Car Audio in Portland.

The owner Peter and shop manager Allen know their stuff and both been around for a very long time.
Some of the best customer service I've encountered.

I'm beyond satisfied now this system /tuning sounds absolutely amazing no matter what music or quality of recording is being listened to.

Can't wait for the 9 hour drive back home now

Reactions: Maui4x4

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
Well......

After doing all this sound deadening, this SQ sound system, I decided to have my OEM muffler put back on.

I really did like the sound of my exhaust system but with my OCD and spending all that time sound deadening it seemed silly to me to have an exhaust that was loud at times not to mention it was bugging the crap out of me when I could hear it with my volume on 3-6 which is where my wife likes it when she's riding with me

A little irritated at myself though I was impatient and didn’t go to my regular shop because they were booked so I went to someplace new and to say the guy lacks in welding skills is an understatement. I’m just happy I only paid $80 cash. literally looks like a pack of cigarettes and six pack of beer payment job.

Anyways mission accomplished, it’s crazy how quiet the factory muffler is even with resonator delete.

Reactions: TOWMA8R

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
I'm watching you get old right before my eyes.

Reactions: Sirikenewtron

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
I'm watching you get old right before my eyes.

Lol

Side note....I forgot how annoying that thumping sound is and how much the exhaust covered it up.
Guess it's good the stereo is pretty much always on as soon as that key is in the ignition

381 - 400 of 403 Posts