F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
661 - 669 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #661 · (Edited)
Yeah I got a problem, to be fair though I have more pictures of my kid in my phone then I do my truck

It’s just the dog and I for five days, wife and kid went to visit family, decided it was a perfect time to get our fat arses out and on a hike, 1200 foot elevation gain 7.5 miles. Eewww weee we are BEAT.
A very rare photo, selfie at that, of the sirike with my one eyed knucklehead. Must’ve been the high altitude thin air.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,166 Posts
Such a good looking truck.
The backdrop fits it too.
Don't take this wrong but you and the pup even look like Yaw belong to each other. 🤣

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
Such a good looking truck.
The backdrop fits it too.
Don't take this wrong but you and the pup even look like Yaw belong to each other.
Lol She is the dumbest dog I’ve ever owned but I love her, actually I think she has selective stupidity because she’s pretty darn smart when she wants to be. She almost had what could’ve turned out to be a pretty bad accident today though on the hike because of her dumb butt.
There’s an inside joke my wife always says when I go somewhere with the dog, "you better make sure you come back with her!"

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 · (Edited)
I am torn, I get bored easily and decided to throw my Camper shell up for sale, (which I really do like a lot) for a decent amount more than I paid for it, and someone wants to buy it.
The problem is I had a new camper shell all price out four months ago in April and today I went down to the shop and the manufacturer raised their prices almost $2000 for the same set up I was going to get. The wait time also went from a 4 week wait to 16+ week wait .

So, now between a Rock and a hard place. I’ve grown to like my Camper shell so much I don’t think I can go without one for more than a few months but there’s no way in heck I’m going to spend $5500 on a new camper shell.

I'm probably going to still sell this shell then just keep an eye out for a used one. A used shell won’t be exactly the one I wanted which was a mid rise HD and a few other options but it will be better than nothing and it will be a lot easier to remove and store when needed then this current camper shell is with the built on doors.

The two main reasons why I was considering changing up the camper shell were
  • mid rise would give me more headroom when sleeping on top of the Decked Drawer System
  • A Camper shell that utilizes the tailgate rather than having its own doors will be much easier to deal with when wanting to remove and store occasionally.

Hmmm Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #666 ·
Dang, you are bored. That truck is perfect for your lifestyle. :)
I do love it, I just wish this topper was easier to deal with when removing and storing for a few days when I need the complete bed. In all honesty would only be a few times a year at the most. I could always use my utility trailer but it’s a few hours south of me in Ca at my property so not super convenient.

·
Moderstrator
1,960 Posts
I would suggest looking for that "new" pre-owned camper shell and once in hand, sell the old one.
Can you fashion those heavy-duty long ratchet jacks as a way to help you get that one off from time to time? Or a gantry crane which you can drive under, lift the camper and drive off?
I'm not sure what you use now, but i have been looking at these types of solutions to help me lift and drive from under a Hard Top roof for my old Mercedes SL convertible.

Line Composite material Machine Metal Parallel
Musical instrument accessory Camera accessory Bicycle frame Bicycle part Triangle

Reactions: stereotype one

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
14,166 Posts
I do love it, I just wish this topper was easier to deal with when removing and storing for a few days when I need the complete bed. In all honesty would only be a few times a year at the most. I could always use my utility trailer but it’s a few hours south of me in Ca at my property so not super convenient.
Sounds like the challenge is to figure out a way to "deal with removing and storing"?

How do you describe the most difficult aspect(s) of doing so? Just curious.

I assume it's because you don't have 5 guys helping? :)

If you had an overhead winch and attachment points, could it be lifted straight up?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
I would suggest looking for that "new" pre-owned camper shell and once in hand, sell the old one.
Can you fashion those heavy-duty long ratchet jacks as a way to help you get that one off from time to time? Or a gantry crane which you can drive under, lift the camper and drive off?
I'm not sure what you use now, but i have been looking at these types of solutions to help me lift and drive from under a Hard Top roof for my old Mercedes SL convertible.

View attachment 180711 View attachment 180710
Sounds like the challenge is to figure out a way to "deal with removing and storing"?

How do you describe the most difficult aspect(s) of doing so? Just curious.

I assume it's because you don't have 5 guys helping? :)

If you had an overhead winch and attachment points, could it be lifted straight up?
I would love to be able to use something like Boatwaco shared but where we are at now the house/garage and backyard access are kind of set up weird, we have over half an acre backyard but to get back there it’s very narrow. The garage just isn’t tall enough because there is a loft which is my wife’s office above.

Yeah pretty much, need at least 3 guys and 4 would be better. It’s very heavy in the back end because of the doors so just really awkward then of course storing I would have to make some kind of sawhorse crate system which is fine but getting to where that would be is the narrow area I was referring to..

I’ve put this camper shell up for sale already once months ago and ended up taking it down, got lots of hits and one guy was really interested and ready to go. I ended up having second thoughts so I took it down.
Then I put it up again this time and a couple days later that same guy reached out to me, "you are selling it again!? Why didn’t you contact me!?"
lol whoops.

At this point if he wants it I feel like I need to sell it to him, I’ll figure something out in the meantime. Was looking through pictures of the truck without the camper shell and it looks damn good but then started looking at pictures of it with the Camper shell and it in my driveway and it looks damn good that way too!

my Decked Drawer System is another thing, without the camper sale I’ve only got about 8 inches of depth in the bed which is not gonna be fun for hauling stuff But I’ve got tiedowns

• Love
Reactions: Boatwaco
661 - 669 of 669 Posts