F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
641 - 660 of 729 Posts
Discussion starter · #641 ·
Morimoto customer service đź‘Ť phenomenal.

Have had my morimoto xbs (1st Gens) for almost 3 years now and recently notice some white speckles on the inside of drivers light.
I decided just for the heck of it to reach out to The Retro Fit source and ask about it.
Long story short today I received a bran new set of the new Morimoto Xb 2nd Gens.

Got to installing right after the FedEx guy passed them on to me.
Fairly simular to the 1st Gen with some appearance changes but also brighter and pretty cool start up sequence.

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Tire Car

Car Vehicle Hood Plant Automotive tire

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Engineering

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Grille

Discussion starter · #642 ·
Some goodies from Morimoto/The Retrofit Source showed up today.

Replacement bed lights, puddle lights and license plate lights.

Camera accessory Rectangle Cameras & optics Material property Eyewear

Automotive lighting Water Azure Rectangle Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive design

Rectangle Chair Laptop Material property Office equipment

Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper

Swapped out the regular RAS for the heavy duty RAS [emoji106]
The regular ones worked awesome and I’m sure I would be fine but I've always been a better to have it and not need it then need and not have kind of guy.

I still can’t get over how damn good the ride quality is unloaded as well, absolutely zero wheel hop, Little to no body roll, no sloppy rear end feeling going over railroad tracks or washboard corners. Surprisingly these heavy duty ones ride pretty much the same as the regular ones as far as unloaded ride quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know that I am dredging up a post from way back in this thread, but your enthusiasm for the improvement of ride EMPTY has me encouraged. I was under the impression that the purpose of this kit was enhancing a loaded ride and not influencing an empty ride. So are you saying that the adjustability allows you to bring them into play, so to speak, on an empty bed?
And if you were to do it again, and with the emphasis on the empty bed ride entirely (instead of when towing) would you go with the regular kit or the heavy duty kit?

I started a thread with an explanation of what I am intending to accomplish.

I know that I am dredging up a post from way back in this thread, but your enthusiasm for the improvement of ride EMPTY has me encouraged. I was under the impression that the purpose of this kit was enhancing a loaded ride and not influencing an empty ride. So are you saying that the adjustability allows you to bring them into play, so to speak, on an empty bed?
And if you were to do it again, and with the emphasis on the empty bed ride entirely (instead of when towing) would you go with the regular kit or the heavy duty kit?

I am glad you brought this up. I have been looking at those for a while but I haven't pulled the trigger. The truck needs help whenever i have my slide in camper on the truck, pulling my boat or my 12 ft utility trailer. Very interesting comments about it. Improving unloaded characteristics as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #645 ·

I am glad you brought this up. I have been looking at those for a while but I haven't pulled the trigger. The truck needs help whenever i have my slide in camper on the truck, pulling my boat or my 12 ft utility trailer. Very interesting comments about it. Improving unloaded characteristics as well.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I think if not planning to use for towing and just wanting for the unloaded ride quality benefits the regular non-heavy duty kit would be fine.
I was pleasantly surprised at the unloaded ride quality considering I just figured it was going to be stiffer and a little more rough, which wasn’t the case at all.
Axle wrap pretty much completely eliminated, body roll greatly reduced and that classic F150 loose rear end over railroad tracks and the likes pretty much gone.

I’ll have to take a look at that thread after family swim time is over in the backyard @snakebitten ;

Discussion starter · #647 ·
Hey, please NEVER interrupt real life, especially family time, for any question I pose. [emoji1787]

But thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know.
Lol not many people I would but for you anytime [emoji1690]

Ps, I finally ordered a few pounds of Pearland beans [emoji51] the Palo Alto on the recommendation from them.

• Love
Reactions: Boatwaco
Discussion starter · #650 ·
Freaking love your truck @Sirikenewtron
Thanks brotha [emoji1690]
I'm pretty fond of her as well, get teased about how much I am by the family often lol

That is a dredge from the past… Ike’s next post was about thinking he’d like a new sound system! Come a long way since.

Hi, just spent the last too long reading posts 1-651, you've got a pretty awesome truck! Any chance you can give a ballpark on how much you spent on your audio setup? I'm thinking just the components you've got now + tuning for it. I'm considering doing an audio overhaul on my truck as I find the "upgraded" B&O system to be lacking...

Also, is the original sound deadening you did necessary with the secondary, or would the secondary do more than enough on its own at least for the doors?

Edited for grammar
Thanks!

Discussion starter · #653 ·
Hi, just spent the last too long reading posts 1-651, you've got a pretty awesome truck! Any chance you can give a ballpark on how much you spent on your audio setup? I'm thinking just the components you've got now + tuning for it. I'm considering doing an audio overhaul on my truck as I find the "upgraded" B&O system to be lacking...

Also, is the original sound deadening you did necessary with the secondary, or would the secondary do more than enough on its own at least for the doors?

Edited for grammar
Thanks!
In my current set up that I have now I would say around $6k-$7k, with the rabbit hole that sound quality can be I’ve spent much more than that though if I factor in changing out equipment/speakers to get to this current set up from where I first started.

I’m not sure I’m understanding what you’re asking about the sound deadening as far as the original that I did and secondary.
I do have some pointers that would save you money, that would have save me money and time have I known before going into it.

Discussion starter · #654 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Got the big ol girl entered in her 2nd SQ comp today. Iasca, MECA and Emma judging today.

Just for fun.

In my current set up that I have now I would say around $6k-$7k, with the rabbit hole that sound quality can be I’ve spent much more than that though if I factor in changing out equipment/speakers to get to this current set up from where I first started.

I’m not sure I’m understanding what you’re asking about the sound deadening as far as the original that I did and secondary.
I do have some pointers that would save you money, that would have save me money and time have I known before going into it.

Sorry for the delayed response! Any advice/pointers would be appreciated, though I probably won't be spending quite that much. I'm looking at a budget closer to 4000.

In terms of the sound deadening question I was referring to the addition of the black hole sound deadening a while after the original, but I sorta already figured out the answer.

Discussion starter · #656 ·
View attachment 179708
Got the big ol girl entered in her 2nd SQ comp today. Iasca, MECA and Emma judging today.

Just for fun.
tied for 3rd in Meca. Once again the guy I tied with, the guy who got 2nd and guy who got 3rd all had $5k or more into their systems then I do, so I'm very happy with tying for 3rd.

Also won the Phat Truck award again, not sure what that's all about but hey I'll take it

Discussion starter · #657 ·
Sorry for the delayed response! Any advice/pointers would be appreciated, though I probably won't be spending quite that much. I'm looking at a budget closer to 4000.

In terms of the sound deadening question I was referring to the addition of the black hole sound deadening a while after the original, but I sorta already figured out the answer.
You can find it very nice system for $4k, especially if doing the install yourself.
Feel free to shoot me a message anytime with any questions you have, if I don't know an answer I've got lots of SQ friends I can reach out to and ask also.

You can find it very nice system for $4k, especially if doing the install yourself.
Feel free to shoot me a message anytime with any questions you have, if I don't know an answer I've got lots of SQ friends I can reach out to and ask also.
Thanks! It'll be a while before I actually get anything done to the audio system, at this point I'm more in the planning phase and working on a few other aspects of the truck. Yeah, I'd be doing the installation myself!

Also won the Phat Truck award again, not sure what that's all about but hey I'll take it
How can that make so much sense to me and not you? 🤣🤣

You win that award everytime that truck parks anywhere.

641 - 660 of 729 Posts