F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a set of traction bars. I have a bad case of axle wrap/hop not only from a stop but from a roll as well ever since the truck has been tuned and upgraded. I have been looking around and I like the look of the pro comp bars, however the mounting kit on their site says for standard and supercab only. Anyone have any experience with traction bars or something similar? I have seen some stuff about CalTracs but would like to see if their are any other options.

2013 F150 XLT SuperCrew 6.5ft bed 3.5L
- AFE CAI
- AFE 4" exhaust
- Brew City Boost 93 Daily Performance Tune (SCT X4)
- NGK Iridium Plugs (Gapped .028)

·
Premium Member
3,220 Posts
Caltracs is what I have seen fast guys use

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Did you try search? I have stifflers. You drill frame. You don't lose ground clearance like cal trac and its good quality. However they come with aluminum bushings where you mount on each end and the squeak like a mother ****er. I even greased them up, spray lube, etc, never ends. Very annoying.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I am currently in the market for a set of traction bars. I have a bad case of axle wrap/hop not only from a stop but from a roll as well ever since the truck has been tuned and upgraded. I have been looking around and I like the look of the pro comp bars, however the mounting kit on their site says for standard and supercab only. Anyone have any experience with traction bars or something similar? I have seen some stuff about CalTracs but would like to see if their are any other options.

2013 F150 XLT SuperCrew 6.5ft bed 3.5L
- AFE CAI
- AFE 4" exhaust
- Brew City Boost 93 Daily Performance Tune (SCT X4)
- NGK Iridium Plugs (Gapped .028)
Another option is VAS traction bars. You can find him on facebook.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Not sure where you drill but I'm here to watch this.
There is a lot of talk as to placement of drill spots, not that I've ever followed them but some people are big on them.
You line up the bracket with an oval hole that's already in the frame, then you mark the other holes with scribe, then drill it. If you drill the wrong spot, it wont work.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Had BDS recoils on my Dmax, if they make for the F150, I am going with those

·
Registered
381 Posts
What traction bars did you end up getting? Im in the market for a set.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Figured this is a good thread to bump, since its exactly what I'm looking for and one of the first ones that came up when searching the site for traction bars.

So what's the consensus, Stifflers the best?

OP, what did you end up getting and what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Figured this is a good thread to bump, since its exactly what I'm looking for and one of the first ones that came up when searching the site for traction bars.

So what's the consensus, Stifflers the best?

OP, what did you end up getting and what are your thoughts?
I think you might find more at the other f150 forums where the supercharged 5.0 guys hang. A lot of them seem to run the bars.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Did you try search? I have stifflers. You drill frame. You don't lose ground clearance like cal trac and its good quality. However they come with aluminum bushings where you mount on each end and the squeak like a mother ****er. I even greased them up, spray lube, etc, never ends. Very annoying.
Good to know!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts