F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm 3 weeks out from picking up my truck and I'm in search of a good Tonneau cover. These are the features I'd like to to have: - Lightweight, preferably under 50 lbs - Hard top - Folding or lift up - Lockable - 750$ or less Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm looking at putting the folding hard by BAK,it seems to be the best on the market,especially with the condensation hoses to drain the track system out of the bed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Bakflip VP, so far i'm very happy with it. see link below

1open.jpg coverdown1_edited-1.jpg http://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/16-f150-ecoboost-accessories/2207-bakflip-vp.html

·
Registered
369 Posts
I bought the Extang solid fold, I looked at both the bakflip and the the solid fold.

I saw both on trucks side by side, I really liked the look of the bakflip with the flush mount, but I was not super thrilled with its lack of weather resistance (it was raining slightly the day I looked at them.) I also thought the Bak felt a little "cheap" for the price, just did not feel as sturdy or solid as expected.

The solid fold, was very weather resistant, very sturdy, and easy to take on and off, honestly can have it off and back on the truck in less than 3 mins max, and that is including aligning it to the bed, the clamps are quick to operate and very solid. It was just a better choice for me personally.

The Bak has some nice features no doubt! just not what I was looking for.

·
Registered
71 Posts
thats some good info in for prospecting i'll take a look at it thanks!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the bakflip vp and love it! Haven't seen any water inside the box, even after a car wash!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a foldacover and love it. Folds easily and locks at both ends. Features I liked over the BAKflip are that it doesn't fold up against the back window obstructing the view when fully open and it locks at both ends. This means I can access something stored up against the back of the cab without having to open the whole cover.

Worth a look if you are in the market.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I looked at and compared everything available on the market. I also chose the Undercover Flex. it has a low profile , is weather tight and when folded up, it doesn't touch the back of your cab. When folded two thirds it has built in strps to secure it and it was $200 cheaper to buy than the Bak flip.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Access Vanish for me. Had it on my last truck and really liked it. I only put it on in the winter to keep snow off our bags and gear and it's theft deterrent since you'd have to cut it to get in with the tailgate locked. I need a cover that rolls up in order to haul motorcycles.

photo_zps63d5c85c.jpg

·
Registered
71 Posts
looking at the Extang or Bak foldable, should still be able to get motorcycle in the bed,would like the hard foldable due to exterme weather conditions.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Bakflip G2 from amazon last year $650 shipped. Would show pic but pics have been disabled from the tapatalk app ;(

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Cereal? Gish dang even without a warning. Ok I go back to f-150 forum & really really argue ;(

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Cereal? Gish dang even without a warning. Ok I go back to f-150 forum & really really argue ;(
I was doing some recreational reading on that forum. It's awesome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts