F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2013 F150 eco that I use as a patrol vehicle at the sheriffs office I work at, we also have 2 more of them, we want to get a programmer that can take speed limiter off or increase it to at least 115-120. We are in Rural ND and while responding to calls we have open straight highways and could use the extra speed.

Any recommendations, cheap preferably!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Yall can buy a basic sct hand held for taking the speed limiter off or set it at 120 125. Yall will need to buy one for every patrol car bc once u program them they're married to that vechile. You wont need a custom tune for yalls needs and yall will benefit from the extra power from the can tune off of hand held and still have a safety buffer bc the can tunes aren't tuned up like a custom tune.

Dont quote me but I think they're roughly 300$ a pop. If u get in touch with a sct dealer im sure they would gladly make yall a group deal for buying more then 1 and being law enforcement.

Thanks for what yall do and hope this helps!
Let us know is u need anything else!

got to get it!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I reset mine to 163 mph hahaha. I've had it to 130 ish. But that was in Wyoming on a closed hwy strip. WOULD NOT recommend doing that in the city or anywhere with other vehicles.

'12 XLT eco: Airaid intake, LMS 91, ADD Venom front bumper, 2" level, 35x12.5 Toyo AT2 Xtreme's, 17x9 Vtec Raptor wheels, 15% front window tint

·
Registered
45 Posts
The selling dealer should be able to assist you if your agency purchased the vehicles through Ford's Police Interceptor Plan. If they were open stock, which F-150s probably were, and the dealer can't help you a call to Ford's Customer Service should work. While you are looking at increasing the speed limiter you might also want to take a really close look at the tires. The OEM ones aren't even rated for those speeds..and high speed rated tires for a F-150 aren't cheap.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 F150 eco that I use as a patrol vehicle at the sheriffs office I work at, we also have 2 more of them, we want to get a programmer that can take speed limiter off or increase it to at least 115-120. We are in Rural ND and while responding to calls we have open straight highways and could use the extra speed.

I'm sure if you approached one of the Sponsors (Stage 3, Ecoboost Power, Unleashed quickly come to mind) that they would be able to set you up with some form of a "LEO Volume" discount. I personally prefer one of the SCT Programmers as you "might" find you need a little extra umph ... and most of the good tuners (MPT, 5*, Unleash, SSI) use the SCT device. Again, the Sponsors can probably work out a package for you.

PS: Glad you mentioned you are in North Dakota. I was thinking of taking a vacation down there this summer. I'll remember to wave if I see any LEO's in a Ford F150 Ecoboosts.

PPS: Give the old Canadian guy from Kamloops BC, driving a red Ford F150 Ecoboost a break if he happens to be driving a bit over. But if he's from the Kootenay's ... nail him.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
any red trucks nail em

boost Harder boost Safer duh

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Any Canadians nail em eH

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
fackkkkkkkkkk

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
And tell em I sent you

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Sent me what? I haven't received my grapes yet

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Your grapes haven't descended yet? Sorry to hear

Boost safe Boost hard eH

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Plant them then Raid

·
Registered
15 Posts
The selling dealer should be able to assist you if your agency purchased the vehicles through Ford's Police Interceptor Plan. If they were open stock, which F-150s probably were, and the dealer can't help you a call to Ford's Customer Service should work. While you are looking at increasing the speed limiter you might also want to take a really close look at the tires. The OEM ones aren't even rated for those speeds..and high speed rated tires for a F-150 aren't cheap.
Good call! I was gonna mention the speed rating on the tires too!

·
Read Only
33 Posts

Hi, you would need to have the truck tuned. Trucks are different than other police cruisers. They have a higher center of gravity and lighter at the rear which makes them more dangerous to drive them at high speeds for a period of time. I have a 2017 3.5 stock ecoboost and it quits at 108mph. I have always liked to race i have no problem hitting over 150mph in my other cars and trucks. Those are lower to the ground and were built to go fast.
When i hit 108 or less in my EB truck is because the other guy could not keep up with me. If the speed limit is 80 i do 70 or 75.
I never floor it for long drives.
Question: Who is more important to your family, the Call(s) you get or you?
I get there when i get there!!
That's just me!!

·
Premium Member
9,061 Posts
Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,061 Posts
I never heard the term. Creepy

Post count is easy for me. I'll talk about almost anything, as long as nobody is spittin nails. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott91370

·
Registered
1 Posts

I unlocked the speed limiter with a tuner and I never intended to speed only to tow and I had a eco friendly tune on the truck and I got curious to see if the truck went over 100 mph on that check on the long stretch of highway on I-40 west mid night in the desert in April 2020 during this Covid shutdown I can’t lie I got my 2012 F-150 xlt 3.5l stock up to 148 mph and I had it on the gps on the receiver screen because the needle on the dash only gets to 120mph and something I can’t do again because I felt those tires shacking so hard I felt if I went any faster they would pop on me and I was alone but I can’t do it again because i have a fam and i can’t have them in the truck while I do something like this

1 - 20 of 21 Posts