F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yes I understand that however you have to know that the auto manufacturers and the oil and gas companies have some sort of agreement about not making the vehicles too fuel efficient. What’s the single most important facet of business especially big business? Profits and big business refuses to compromise profitability for anything.
Could you provide the source?
Also, see the auto manufacturers Tesla or rivian who make zero ice cars.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,208 Posts
Conspiracy theory much ?

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Yes I understand that however you have to know that the auto manufacturers and the oil and gas companies have some sort of agreement about not making the vehicles too fuel efficient. What’s the single most important facet of business especially big business? Profits and big business refuses to compromise profitability for anything.
See, I don't buy this. There are a lot of things Ford did on the Ecoboost F150's in the name of MPG's that clearly sacrificed other areas of performance. Cooling for one. They put a tiny radiator with electric fans in there that underperform.

Then the invested in aluminum bodies and shaved 700 lbs of the weight of the trucks in 2015. That was a huge investment and was purely to drive economy up. It wasnt for payload as payload stayed almost exactly the same.

Active grill shutters, active air dams, the entire V6 twin turbo concept, hybridization was all in the name of MPG's. If half ton trucks didnt fall under EPA mileage requirements, we would probably have an F150 with the 7.3L Godzilla, huge radiator and mechanical cooling fan and 8000 lb GVWR(A man can dream.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
See, I don't buy this. There are a lot of things Ford did on the Ecoboost F150's in the name of MPG's that clearly sacrificed other areas of performance. Cooling for one. They put a tiny radiator with electric fans in there that underperform.

Then the invested in aluminum bodies and shaved 700 lbs of the weight of the trucks in 2015. That was a huge investment and was purely to drive economy up. It wasnt for payload as payload stayed almost exactly the same.

Active grill shutters, active air dams, the entire V6 twin turbo concept, hybridization was all in the name of MPG's. If half ton trucks didnt fall under EPA mileage requirements, we would probably have an F150 with the 7.3L Godzilla, huge radiator and mechanical cooling fan and 8000 lb GVWR(A man can dream.)
Yeah and I said my truck is a 2014

·
Moderstrator
3,221 Posts
I suppose that if the oil and auto industries are holding hands that would have to mean that Dodge, GM and Ford are in cahoots together too. They obviously draw straws to see who's allowed to be the MPG leader for any given year to meet the oil industry's best interests. Makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I suppose that if the oil and auto industries are holding hands that would have to mean that Dodge, GM and Ford are in cahoots together too. They obviously draw straws to see who's allowed to be the MPG leader for any given year to meet the oil industry's best interests. Makes perfect sense.
Nope not what I said at all bud but if you don’t believe that auto industries have some sort of agreement with oil companies then you clearly aren’t as intelligent as you’d like to think. And I’m no conspiracy theorist however if you think your government and businesses give you the whole picture than that’s your choice but you’d clearly be wrong. Anyways I have better things to do than argue with you so bye.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Nope not what I said at all bud but if you don’t believe that auto industries have some sort of agreement with oil companies then you clearly aren’t as intelligent as you’d like to think. And I’m no conspiracy theorist however if you think your government and businesses give you the whole picture than that’s your choice but you’d clearly be wrong. Anyways I have better things to do than argue with you so bye.
No one is arguing. You have no source and saying someone isn't intelligent because they don't believe you isn't a way to make friends. Not nice.....bud.
Screenshot_20210609-220539.png

61 - 67 of 67 Posts