790 Posts
grand isle 2-4-16 018.JPG grand isle 2-4-16 014.JPG

Taken at Grand Isle, La.

Reactions: Elmore328

·
Registered
790 Posts
006.JPG 001.JPG

Took these earlier today in a local cane field. Truck just made 3 yrs old. 31K miles and it sit's home most of the time!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just washed her up yesterday, I'll have to get some better pictures today.

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Modinstrator
2,860 Posts
I've seen these holes in the windows in other bumpers. Depending upon the year they do make a grill/slats that fits in there. I don't know which options get you this piece. My 2016 came with a simple two separation grill in that area. I've never really looked to see how it was attached. I'll look for you in the morning.

·
Registered
34 Posts

My first ecoboost. Loved the silver. Traded her off for a 15 that's currently in the shop with a blown engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
View attachment 111033 Two rectangular holes in the lower lip in the gaping hole. Seems that many of the Ecoboost around here that I looked at have them. Just bought my 2012.
OHHHHHHHHHHH! Those. Those are mounting holes for a license plate bracket (as @JGRAND mentioned) or for decorative/protective screens. If you get down there and look directly above those two slots, you will see two mounting tabs on the top of the CAC opening, as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems obvious what they are for. And yes other units have them. It is just sad that they are left like that from the factory. Put at least a 10 cent plug in them so the Trucks look finished.
Same problem with the Tow power relay being in the glove box in a bag. Ford take the time to finish the truck. Waiting to find a Coke bottle in the door.
I took the time and made a filler. Not a good pic. Power coated Textured Black.
f150 grill 2.jpg

21 - 40 of 44 Posts