F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, this thing is damned expensive. But when you unbox this thing it LOOKS expensive too. extremely nice unit, thing is a beast.

Installed it because my stock radiator was clogged up (proved with an IR thermometer measuring inlet and outlet temps not dropping much across the radiator.)

Truck was running 190-200F with a 170 thermostat in it.

After installing the new radiator, thing stays right where it should with a 170 in it, 175-185 and it runs 20-30F cooler under WOT which is a HUGE deal.

All in all, worth the purchase for me.

Oh i switched from the Ford dexcool style coolant to another OAT style coolant that doesnt' have the plasticizer crap in it like dexcool.

I'm running G40 coolant now, hopefully never have to deal with that buildup again now that that crap is gone.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Ever had your eyes on the FR radiator? Just wondering if they are dramatically different. The mishimoto does look great.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not, but i'm sure it's good quality too, they cost the same damn price lol.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
Ever had your eyes on the FR radiator? Just wondering if they are dramatically different. The mishimoto does look great.
My FR rad still needs to be pushed towing something heavy, but on long WOT runs or pulls up the mountains, it hasn’t let my coolant get above 219*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,827 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I had one of the mishimoto radiators in my Duramax. Its a good product

·
Registered
798 Posts
Funny I was just pricing radiators, thinking of the summer coming, and wanting to protect my trucks components. I'd be interested in your take on this a month or two down the road also. Good conversation.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't buy it clogged up, but OAT is a good choice.

Motorcraft makes a coolant system clean FYI.

Honestly, it was cooling maybe 30F from corner to corner.

I don't know what was wrong but it wasn't working worth a ****.

replace it and this one actually runs the temperature that it SHOULD with this thermostat in it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Honestly, it was cooling maybe 30F from corner to corner.

I don't know what was wrong but it wasn't working worth a ****.

replace it and this one actually runs the temperature that it SHOULD with this thermostat in it.
The the way the cooling systems are set up on these trucks make it incredibly difficult to figure out what they should be running at. The t-stat only controls the flow into the motor. The outlet temp will vary by load assuming the t-stat does its job.

It seems very difficult to truly sort through the BS and understand what the cooling upgrades are actually doing. If I throw a radiator on my truck, I would still expect to see ECT's 20-30F higher than the t-stat temp while towing grades with my trailer because, at the end of the day, the t-stat is only controlling the flow into the motor. If the stat was at the outlet of the motor I would expect much more consistent temps.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The the way the cooling systems are set up on these trucks make it incredibly difficult to figure out what they should be running at. The t-stat only controls the flow into the motor. The outlet temp will vary by load assuming the t-stat does its job.

It seems very difficult to truly sort through the BS and understand what the cooling upgrades are actually doing. If I throw a radiator on my truck, I would still expect to see ECT's 20-30F higher than the t-stat temp while towing grades with my trailer because, at the end of the day, the t-stat is only controlling the flow into the motor. If the stat was at the outlet of the motor I would expect much more consistent temps.
I failed to mention, it WAS running cooler than this and it slowly got worse.

It WAS running around the same temp as this radiator is currently keeping it at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts