F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
I like your headlights. Never could make myself buy into the look of the deflector. I know you didn’t ask my opinion on this and I sincerely mean no offense but I think it detracts from the way your truck could look. Kind of a 1 step forward 1 step back type of mod on the front of this truck.

·
Premium Member
6,887 Posts
I like your headlights. Never could make myself buy into the look of the deflector. I know you didn’t ask my opinion on this and I sincerely mean no offense but I think it detracts from the way your truck could look. Kind of a 1 step forward 1 step back type of mod on the front of this truck.
I'm battling it too because, otherwise, that's a wicked looking front.

It helps that I already find the WHITE appealing, (no surprise) and the headlights really look great. If that deflector wasn't a contrast color, then I might actually say yeah.

Do they have them in WHITE?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Admodistrator
2,431 Posts
I'm battling it too because, otherwise, that's a wicked looking front.

It helps that I already find the WHITE appealing, (no surprise) and the headlights really look great. If that deflector wasn't a contrast color, then I might actually say yeah.

Do they have them in WHITE?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Maybe it an our generation type thing. That can’t be it, it was our generation that liked those things. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good guys! I'm not sure what you mean by deflector? If your talking about the black part? They do have it in chrome. As far as the lights, I know it looks yellowish in the pic but its really bright white.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So volume and quality of light: Happy with these, and I assume using either G11 or H7's? My current aftermarket "OEM Special Edition Black" give me an unsatisfactory pattern.
I’m using an inexpensive LED bulb off amazon. I was using HID bulbs from TRS and they kept giving me issues. I’ve since done some forscan changes and the HID would liely be fine, but I’m perfectly happy with the LED bulbs. The output is so much better than the halogen buckets....I ad the blacked out SE ones as well. For the price of the AlphaRex I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a set of those headlights as well on my 18. Really like them! Way better than the halogen headlights the truck comes with.

View attachment 158360
Just finding this thread after some time. How would you say that the "temperature" (/color) of the LED's compare between the RTR and the AlphaRex headlamps? I was very interested in purchasing the same thing for my Lariat.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,003 Posts
Installing mine and adjusting lenses tonight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just finding this thread after some time. How would you say that the "temperature" (/color) of the LED's compare between the RTR and the AlphaRex headlamps? I was very interested in purchasing the same thing for my Lariat.
They are very close. Not exact, but close enough. I have the “Pro” version, they just came out with a “midnight” series that have a factory look to them but all blacked out. I think those LED runn8ng lights would be even closer to the RTR grill lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 with these lights. The LED tubes are wired separately allowing you to run them independent of the headlights. I have mine wired to light up white, but I use forscan to run my amber lights as DRL's. This allows me to have the white LED, or use the instament cluster to turn on and off my DRL's to give me the choice of white, or orange LED helo's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts