F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has experienced decreased milage after installing aftermarket parts. I used to sit around 16L/100KM before when my truck was stock, I installed the AFE cold air and an AFE cat back exhaust. My milage now has progressively got worse to 18.5L/100KM in the city, and thats driving conservatively. Also I feel like the truck is less responsive once I installed these parts, anyone else experience anything like this?
I purchased the 4" AFE exhaust, and am not impressed at all. The damn tip on it is bigger than my old diesel truck.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Wow, that's a big hit! Wondering though, if the weather has gotten colder since the install and you're seeing the decrease due to the inherant parasitic drag of cold lubricants and pre warmup ineficiency. Since the temps dropped here I'm losing a mile to 1.5 mile per gallon on mine w/o mods.

Also wondering how many miles you've put on with the new stuff. Might take a little time for the PCM to adjust to the new stuff.

Also, I do know that a larger diameter exhaust will raise the torque curve. If you're primarily driving city style a drop in F.E. can result.

As for the CAI, the throttle body controls the amount of air to the engine during part throttle running.

IMHO, these mods might be good for all out acceleration and trailer towing but for day to day the way Ford made it is plenty good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I dont even have 4000KM on the truck yet, barely 1000Km with the new mods. I live in northern Alberta where the temp now is around -10 to anywhere around -30, so maybe that has something to do with MPG.
Honestly though being a V6 I was expecting great things, and have yet to see it. My dealership told me it will get better as the truck breaks in, but as far as I am concerned 18.5L/100KM is horrible...I had better mileage in the city with my 5.9Cummins with a 6" lift running 37" tires.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Converted to miles per gallon comes out to 12.72. With the extreme temps up there I would be tickled! Am getting in the neighborhood of 14 with mine with just over 3k but our temps are in the high 20's to mid 40's f. Over 0 Celcius most of the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts