F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my LMS tuner in the mail this week. Got the 87 and 91 performance and tow programs.
First time tuner. Little worried about messing something up.
How long does it take to load program into truck?
What happens to factory program? Stored in LMS unit?
Ran 87 gas for first 4-5 tanks from new. Switched to 91 non-ethanol. Last fill up put in 86L for 741km. It has got better mileage on 91 gas.
Which program should I try first? 91 perf or tow?

·
Registered
589 Posts
LOL- I understand the worries... Just ensure you read direction before installing any tune. The Tuner will capture and store your stock tune once you plug it into the ODB port located under the steering wheel and start the tuning process (you can always return to stock doing the same process as you did when you loaded a tune). The instructions on the tuner should pop on the screen and as long as you follow that and don't unplug it while its loading you should be good to go!

As to which tune to run I would recommend whatever you have in the tank currently 87 or 91. If you are towing than give the tow a shot really can't go wrong unless you select a higher octane tune but have lesser in the tank ... Than after you get close to empty switch it up; see which one you like best; go from there.

As always if you have any question contact Livernois as you not only paid for their product but there customer service too..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just read directions. Plug in tuner it will have instructions on screen what to do. It takes about 7 minutes. And as AK-KingBoost said if any question contact Livernois they have great customer service.

·
Registered
189 Posts
About 7 minutes for the actual tune load, about 10 minutes over all. Be sure to turn of automatic headlights and the air handling system. Don't open the door or operate windows during the process. Don't worry about the tuner discovering a code as it is a product of the connection. I am on a month long tow trip and am using the 89 tow tune, but tried the 91 tow tune for a shorter trip and it was astounding. It just makes me nervous to go that aggressive while towing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
SkiSmuggs
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing