F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm trying to install the Bidirectional 100 series on my 2011 Ecoboost. Model # BT4Z-19G364-A. It is the kind with the one button FOB. I saw the video of the simple installation which really only seems to help with the antenna install behind the door gasket etc. I found tons of mentions to links with instructions but all of them are dead and lead to nowhere or errors. I have the antenna ran. That was simple. I can't locate the main harness under the dash to plug into. Also, where does the the single wire plug go to. The video refered to it as the keyless entry antenna. On the control unit that comes with my kit, there is also a small 4 pin connector but no harness came with the kit that matches that. What goes there if anything? I've seen many posts on other sites of guys trying to find this same info but nobody ever replies. The guy at the parts desk tried to print the instructions, but couldn't get them to print. I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok, I found the main harness hiding under the round black duct for door. But I'm still unsure on the single grey plug on both ends. Does one end not get plugged into anything? Also do I do anything with the orange 4 prong port on the module?

·
Registered
868 Posts
i will see if i can find any useful info on that because i am actually thinking about one for my truck !
i know a couple of the wires should be connected to a hood switch to prevent auto start while working on the vehicle

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bt4z-19g364-4

i will see if i can find any useful info on that because i am actually thinking about one for my truck !
i know a couple of the wires should be connected to a hood switch to prevent auto start while working on the vehicle
Anybody ever find any instructions on this 100 series? Sure could use them.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
May be able to get a friendly dealership to print the pages for you....

·
Registered
76 Posts
May be able to get a friendly dealership to print the pages for you....

I was hoping someone still had the info handy... hate dealing with these dealers.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's really simple. Pop the side cover off the dash on the passenger side and drop the glove box door fully open. Look through the side panel at an area inside, behind the glove box and push the vent tube that's in the way towards the passenger seat. That will reveal a module with an empty socket. Plug one end of the harness in, and feed the other behind the glove box. If you put your head down now on the floor and look up through glove box opening, you'll see two metal tabs with holes in them. That's what you zip-tie the antenna to. Re-assemble, get keys cut, program them and have dealer flash the ECU to turn feature on. That's that! To install, shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey there forourspam... I think thats the install for the BT3Z. (may be the same install anyway,not sure) This is the BT4Z.

None the less I had the dealership I got it from online send me a PDF that has intall of this one on several models.... So I am good to go.

If anyone else needs these let me know and I can email them to you.

Thanks

Doug

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Hey there forourspam... I think thats the install for the BT3Z. (may be the same install anyway,not sure) This is the BT4Z.

None the less I had the dealership I got it from online send me a PDF that has intall of this one on several models.... So I am good to go.

Thanks

Doug
Cool. I figured that was your best course of action.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks

Doug
Do you by chance still have these install instructions that you could send to me?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts