F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there that has swapped their instrument cluster and had the stock blue/black needles? I'm looking to swap my red ones out but I am unable to find replacements. Ford only offers purchasing the whole cluster and no aftermarket has them for the 2010-2014.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's gonna be tough to find. Plus messing with needles is a good way to mess up your cluster. I know, I've done it... :(. But it was a great excuse to put an STi cluster in my swapped WRX wagon ;). I think your best bet is to get a new cluster if you really want the blue. Maybe someone who has done/attempted this in an F150 will have more knowledge.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I'd say swapping the cluster would be your easiest option. To get the red needles you would need an fx4 cluster anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an fx4 with the red needles. I was looking to change them to the blue ones.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It would be a bit easier to find a donor truck in the salvage yard then.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I figured I would throw it out here and see maybe if someone had them and had down a full cluster swap. So they had them sitting around the garage.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have an fx4 with the red needles. I was looking to change them to the blue ones.
I have a limited which has red leather seats but blue needles:( I want some red ones but too afraid to swap them out and mess up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have changed bulbs on an insturment cluster in the past and it seems like the gauge needles would be just one more step of opening the insturment cluster.

We could swap if we were close enough. I wouldn't be able to pull mine and ship them to you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They would be leds soldered to the board.
Oh. It looked like the needles themselves were colored red. At least they look red when the truck is turned off. That is why I thought and simple needle swap would work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They will also have a red tinted film between the light source and the clear piece on the outside, so changing bulbs doesn't always do the trick. In my old forester I changed the color from green to white, and had to take the cluster apart, slide some sandpaper between the black backing with all of the numbers on it and the cluster itself, and sand down the tinted film. It took hours. It could possibly be different on these truck though. I just have experience with Subarus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts