F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to find a location to purchase a larger Intake-Tube Duct Hose for the air box on an 2011-2014 F150? The part goes between the air box and the fender and is about 1.5x larger than the stock and doesn't require cutting the box.

Here is a picture but this seller only has it as part of a kit with their drop-in filter which I already have a filter.
SB-65-30002008-2014F150SBOEDrop-InReplacementAirFilterKit(Cotton)02.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Is this really a choke point for the motor if you have the upgraded filter? I have only seen it in a kit with the filter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at size and it would clearly offer more air flow.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I mean if that was the case wouldn't people with built motors and gt's use them? Considering intake's in general don't flow more than factory (unless said turbos are changed) I doubt it makes any difference. May sound better?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I mean if that was the case wouldn't people with built motors and gt's use them? Considering intake's in general don't flow more than factory (unless said turbos are changed) I doubt it makes any difference. May sound better?
Unless I'm seeing things, if you look at the opening on the airbox, the actual inlet is much smaller, looks like a small round hole in the upper left corner, as opposed to the whole area? If that's the case, the difference in size between the two connections at the fender won't make much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
2012 F150 Lariat Screw 3.5L
817 Posts
S&B has it with their drop in filter

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I'm looking at size and it would clearly offer more air flow.
Right but is it actually going to improve anything or is the filter a much larger restriction anyways?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Has anyone been able to find a location to purchase a larger Intake-Tube Duct Hose for the air box on an 2011-2014 F150? The part goes between the air box and the fender and is about 1.5x larger than the stock and doesn't require cutting the box.

Here is a picture but this seller only has it as part of a kit with their drop-in filter which I already have a filter.
View attachment 157150

at 9:54, this guy claims that the S&B replacement duct is in fact no larger... FWIW

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the S&B intake, and I have no idea why this guy says its not bigger. Even just eye balling it, it is very obvious the interior diameter of the new piece is bigger than the stock piece. Maybe he measured the external size of the stock duct and compared it to the new one. If so, of course it looks the same since it is designed to fit in the same area on the lower filter housing. The size difference is in the diameter of the hole that the air flows through.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I have the S&B intake, and I have no idea why this guy says its not bigger. Even just eye balling it, it is very obvious the interior diameter of the new piece is bigger than the stock piece. Maybe he measured the external size of the stock duct and compared it to the new one. If so, of course it looks the same since it is designed to fit in the same area on the lower filter housing. The size difference is in the diameter of the hole that the air flows through.
I agree, it IS bigger.

·
Premium Member
2012 F150 Lariat Screw 3.5L
817 Posts
I have one for my 2012 and it is definitly bigger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts