F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
I need to order these soon. My bank account is hating me after this past month.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Boost Bars are as strong as my bumper. Dented my slots and the Bars are fine. You can see little dents where the Bars go.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My insurance company is hating me more.

·
Registered
38 Posts
OK I ask my Buddy who is a top Ford Mechanic and he said do not put anything in front of that Inner cooler grill, They are designed that way and not to restrict any air coming through, What have you guys noticed if any using the Boost Bars, It does not seem to me that they would really restrict much air, Any one else heard this??

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Um the stupid Ford engineers are the ones that came up with the awesome idea of covering half of the inter cooler with a plastic sheet to stop flow because of the condensation issue. A nice little girl isn't going to stop any needed airflow.

·
Administrator
7,836 Posts
Especially after dropping $2300 dollars at the DMV yesterday for Tax/Title/Licensing... :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does one aquire these bars Dealer or Aftermarket? They look great and think they would be a great addition to my EcoBeast.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Available in Grey for 11-12 FX trucks and Chrome! $99+shipping (20-25)
Hottest new F-150 accessory available! Protect your intercooler and look good doing it. Boost-Bars are specifically designed to look like they're SUPPOSED to be there! No more mis-match!

**********Fits 2009+ F-150 without licence plate in front center. (all trucks with ECO-BOOST motor, and others without front license plate)
View attachment 1450 View attachment 1451 View attachment 1452

COMING SOON

Black Chrome
Textured Black form 13+FX-4
Satin Chrome for Platinum model

Installation is easy! NO modifications required. Uses existing holes in your truck! Less than 2 Minute install!
Pretty sure I saw a billboard advertising these going south out of Detroit MI around the end of December..

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Got some from @reider03 and they are great! He is also very easy to deal with. Thanks man! Still don't have a pic when the truck is clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
reid,
received the new brackets, they fit nice and snug, thank you very much!

rich...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want to block ~40% of the airflow over the intercooler. Don't forget the turbulence that will decrease air velocity/efficiency also. They moved the license plate for a reason. Heat-soak would last longer and in theory should impact response.

I wouldn't block any flow unless the manufacture proved the temp at the exit of the intercooler was negligible. Why buy something that obviously could hinder performance or increase the chance for knock.... no thanks.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yeah its a judgment call vs damage to cooler from debris.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I don't know why anyone would want to block ~40% of the airflow over the intercooler. Don't forget the turbulence that will decrease air velocity/efficiency also. They moved the license plate for a reason. Heat-soak would last longer and in theory should impact response.

I wouldn't block any flow unless the manufacture proved the temp at the exit of the intercooler was negligible. Why buy something that obviously could hinder performance or increase the chance for knock.... no thanks.
You do realize that Ford's TSB "fix" for the condensation problems was to block off part of the CAC with plastic shields right?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts