F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have read the posts about the billit grill covers for the intercooler. I am on ebay about to order but the cheapest one is $62 (black). Is this too expensive? any other suggestions? and this will be the 3rd item purchased for my toy.... and counting....

·
Registered
139 Posts
That seems to be th going rate from what I have been seeing on forums and Amazon..Unless your handy with a welder or know someone who is that would be a cheaper more custom alternative..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Punisher. Being reassured before spending money is always better than 20/20 hindsight...

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is true.. Yea Im sure there are some deals out there that if you looked and searched long enough you would find but to save $5-10 bucks I'd rather get it bought and on the truck call it a day..

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I went with this one

·
Registered
139 Posts
I haven't choose mine yet..I'm thinking a whole new grill is in order so I don't want to commit to the ic grill until I get the bigger one...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I hear that Pun. I just felt that if its for "protection" I could go ahead and justify the purchase. And since its black like my truck I figured it would blend in no matter what. And if I swap the grill, I'm going black. It's already chrome and I don't feel that chrome for chrome would be money well spent. So, it's started.... I set appointment for window tint tomorrow. Lights and sound system is next!!!!......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go to eBay and type in putco ecoboost. The cost is $55.95. Its stainless and takes about ten minutes to install.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with grill4you on eBay. Cost was 35.99. Black powder coated aluminum with the front face of bars polished.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went with grill4you on eBay. Cost was 35.99. Black powder coated aluminum with the front face of bars polished.
Yeah - me too. $42CAD + shipping to Canada (doubled the cost! Not the vendor's fault tho' - damned customs!) great product, excellent service, simple install.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey you guys who already have the intercooler guard on your truck, have you noticed loss power/air flow/ gas mileage??? just wondering...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Zero difference in fuel economy here (whether towing or otherwise)... More importantly, no stones through the intercooler either.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Oh, and the truck went in for its 16k KM service last week too... Only comment from the service tech: "Nice grille"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^^Nice :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
inner cooler

I bought mine at amazon and was very pleased with it, very sharp looking

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
41 Participants
Kash76
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing