F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so, my uncle owns a blue 2012 F-150 SCREW (I think FX4 but can't remember). I rode in it recently and fell in love instantly. I am now obsessed with obtaining one of my own, money-be-darned. To make my new found obsession even worse, I found this site and found out how awesome the ecoboost is (pretty sure my uncle's is in fact a v8).

Anyway, I've been looking at all the dealers' websites in my area to see what sort of inventory they have and I've noticed something. The gray interior seems to DOMINATE the choices. Now, if I did get one of these trucks, it would be an XLT and I like the Race Red color, but instead of gray I prefer the beige color (Ford calls it adobe, apparently).

In addition, I see that the XLT has either a middle seat in the front that folds down to act as a center console, or an actual center console. I personally think it might be neat to have an actual seat, even useful (wouldn't mind having a pretty girl sit RIGHT next to me as I cruise around town :p, corny, I know).

HOWEVER, I can only seem to find the Race Red trucks (or any color for that matter) with the gray interior, or, when I do find one with the beige it has the console instead of the seat.

SO, what do you guys think? Do a lot of you prefer the gray? And what are everyone's thoughts on the seat v.s. console debate?

Thanks!

p.s.
That line about pretty girls probably made me sound 15 but I swear I'm in my mid-20s lol, although, I do watch an awful lot of cartoons. ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have the grey interior and the center console and i like it, but i didnt want the 6th seat mainly for the way it looks and i didnt see it to be a functionable option. although a few times i kind wished i had it for the pretty girl situations. but the console is nice for the added storage and more cup holders. But it is going to come down to personal preference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the grey as well and the jumper seat. The extra seat has come in handy quite a few times, so it was the best choice for me. I don't keep a ton of stuff in any of my vehicles so the console wasn't really useful to me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I prefer the adobe interior when going with cloth. To me it looks a bit richer than the light grey fabric and I like that it's not the same as everyone else's
I chose the middle seat version for the extra seating, though it would be nice if the storage compartments were larger.

The red with Adobe trucks are out there, just a lot less common.

2013 SuperCrew XLT XTR Kodiak Brown Ecoboost 145"WB 302A package, Max Tow package

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have the adobe with the fold down seat. The back has a small compartment and the two cup holders.
The bottom of the seat lifts up for another compartment .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Black leather with center console. But I have an FX-4. If I did have cloth I would go with adobe over the grey; especially with a red truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 2012 XLT is Oxford white with Adobe cloth bucket seats. I wanted the console cause i've been married for 41 years. (just kidding about the console, not the 41 years) The bucket seats with console is a $300 option as well. I wanted the adobe cloth seats & was lucky to find it. Mine was a leftover 2012 that i bought on Feb. 28th of this year. My salesman told me that the adobe cloth interior does not sale nearly as well as the grey so they order a small percentage of their trucks with the adobe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts