F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I decided to swap my 2014 Lariat interior from my parts truck into my 2011 XTR. This is a big job for anyone else considering it and I plan on making a topic on it once I get this working. Here is the list of items moved:
  • HVAC blower motor and evaporator system (due to now having dual zone)
  • interior body wire harness (many new plugs so had to move whole harness)
  • gas pedal (due to new memory function)
  • center console and shifter
  • 10 way seats
  • entire dash assembly
Many other parts were already moved when I did the motor swap from this truck including PCM, BCM, ABS computer.

With everything back together I now have no brake lights. Hazards and turn work, but not brake. I tried swapping the brake switch which didn't help and also checked fuse 46 (brake on off) under the hood and its fine. Does anyone know if there is some weird way the brake lights go through a module or something that I need to move? My understanding is the brake switch gets 12V and then passes it on to the BCM which when turns on the brakes. Any thoughts anyone?

Second issue is Airbag light is on. I assume these 2 issues are separate, although it's possible they are indeed caused by the same thing. There were many airbag plugs on the harness I moved. I double checked I didn't miss any. My current guess is maybe there is a little corrosion on one of the connectors and it's making a poor connection. Anyone have any other ideas on why the airbag light may be on? The first time I powered up the truck to do testing i didn't have either seat plugged in, which would have probably caused the airbag light to turn on. Now that the seats are plugged in does the light tun off by its self or do I need to reset it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well looks like I can reply to my own post. I figured out the brake light problem was Ford moved the brake switch wire from one connector to another from my 2 years so it wasn't getting to where it had to go. And as for the airbag light I think that was my own fault as I powered up the truck without a seat connected which I understand would set the light. Looks like I have 4X4 issues now but that can be a new thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts