F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and looking for guidance from the experts! I have a 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost with approximately 35k miles. Soon after purchasing we noticed intermittent harsh or jerking shifting from 3-4-5 up or down and occasionally in the 8-9-10 range up or down. Also, we have had random significant jerks when downshifting at speed (quick acceleration). One episode felt like we had been rear ended. I have complained to the local Ford dealership and they have reprogrammed the transmission 3 times with the same result. They have replaced the transmission control module with no change. I have opened a ticked with Ford Corporate Customer Service however, after their reassurance that they would be my advocate and help get the situation resolved, I cannot get an email or call back. So that appears to be a dead end. The truck has been at the local dealership for the past few weeks and they have driven with their computer hooked up and they are not able to duplicate my claims. I am not surprised as this is intermittent and I don't know how to replicate it. Today the dealership was told by Ford that there is nothing else to be done since they can't replicate the problem. We are not at all happy with the truck and have lost confidence in it. Looking for any suggestions/recommendations on how to proceed. Thank you in advance for your insight.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Pull the negative side of battery over night. This will reset pcm. In the monring, let it idle for 10min, drive it very easy minimal throttle input until full temps. COntinuing to drive easy like this at full temp for 10mins in town so it can constantly go through the gears. It will learn to shift easy. If you romp on it, it will begin to learn to shift harder.

·
Registered
111 Posts
tell the dealer to turn off the adaptive learning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts