F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 2013 fx4 and have been more than frustrated with it the past few months. I took it to the dealer because every once and a while the truck would not shift out of first, The Speedo would be stuck at 0. Although no codes were thrown, the dealer replaced the lead frame per the recall. When I got the truck back the issue immediately started to happen again. The dealer has been less than helpful and does not look to help my situation. The issue is starting to happen more frequently but I continue to not receive any codes. The photo I have attached is while the truck is moving, any ideas of where to start? Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Isn't there a speed sensor in the transmission that feeds the signal to whichever computer module is applicable?
I mean it's great that you probably got the updated leadframe, but I'm pretty sure that speed sensor is almost a no brainer with your symptoms.

But then maybe the speed sensor is actually part of the leadframe?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
Don't know your mechanical skills but

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression that that sensor is housed in the lead frame. I tried cleaning the bulk connector out in case it was corrosion, but no luck there. Thanks for sending that video over. I’ll take a look and see what I can get done.

·
Premium Member
9,053 Posts
I was under the impression that that sensor is housed in the lead frame. I tried cleaning the bulk connector out in case it was corrosion, but no luck there. Thanks for sending that video over. I’ll take a look and see what I can get done.
I believe you are right.
And since you cleaned up the connector too, you were already barking up the right tree.

So yea, process of elimination is to now check if that speed sensor is actually sending a signal.

I wonder how many other connectors are between the transmission and the pcm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ve been having trouble finding that, and with the limited resources I have I don’t know ho far I’ll get. The only thing is it’s happening more frequently so maybe it will fail completely and throw a code? That’s really been the silver lining that I can think of.

·
Registered
271 Posts
After the lead frame replacement, I had weird issues with shifting when my BOVs we acting up. It would mainly happen when accelerating up a big hill. Don't know if it was from the BOVs, the old rubber vac lines, or the boost/vac solenoids. But when I switched to the single turbosmart it went away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts