F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a F150 xlt 2014 in september. I was happy with my truck. Now I dont know ? When you start to spend time in place like here at reading post about timing chain, and other problem it start to make you wonder. Its kind of nice to get so much info but its also like a double edge swords.

How many ecoboost truck have been sold by Ford ? are they all going to explose their gear and chain ? Looks like they will after spending sometime here and on other forum....and that takes all the fun away and bring all kind of worry.....:confused:

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Definitely a double edged sword. Every failure seems huge, but I am sure there are no more or less failures than before Internet forums. But more exposure probably keeps the companies more honest.

·
Registered
734 Posts
All the internet does is provide a place for people to share their experiences - good or bad. Lots of folks don't take the time to post unless something is wrong. So, problems tend to be over-represented given the sample size.

All of the vehicles I've owned (new and old) have had their share of problems. My ecoboost has been great, but I know that any expectation of a trouble-free experience is unrealistic.

Enjoy your truck, take comfort in your warranty, and have fun!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Consider that only ~5% of owners are on a forum. Out of all the vehicles sold, there aren't that many that come here, and the ones that do have something to talk about, be it failure or enthusiasm. Don't worry. You won't be unhappy with the truck.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
people seek the internet when they have problems.....there are very few, or this place would be thousands of times bigger, the internet for vehicles becomes a huge pitty party for the few owners who do have issues, the masses aren't having them, or you'd see this place ****ing explode

i've not changed my plugs, or looked at em, i have a smooth idle....33,000kms in seven months of ownership.... i boost launch damn near daily, i drive hard....i've not turned a drive shaft or blown a transfer case...i'm not tuned yet........yet.....but will be, mine is a 2013 lariat, i've had no issues other than extreme wear on the rear tires because i like to have fun

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The internet is a tool, It's a great resource. If you let it make your mind up for you, you'll own nothing.
People will always have negative experiences. Best of like finding a forum that shows otherwise.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a few friends who are Ford Mechanics, they said they have seen the timing chain problem but with trucks that have been very infrequent with there oil changes. SO, just keep up on your oil changes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you guys, I fully understand that we rarely hear about the one that are happy. I was in a negative state of mind last night after spending almost hours reading about the engine problem on this site and on another one. Like someone says I'll enjoy my truck for the next 5 years, but I am far from being sure that I will keep it after the powertrain warranty is over. I hesitate a long time between the eco and the 5.0ltr, I even considered a sierra 2014 5.3, and I was that close to buy it, but Ford won on price and reputation, I'm just hoping that I've taken the right décision...but hey you never know before the transaction, just after :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
That's right....you'll drive yourself crazy if you read every problem that pops up here. I think there's some very good things to learn from this forum like it's vital to use good synthetic oil for these engines and change it often. Anyway, just keep everything in perspective and you'll be fine. Ford has sold many many thousands of these engines and if they were dropping dead left and right, we'd be hearing a lot about that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
My f150 has a ton of small really annoying problems a 36k truck should not have. I use the forum for preventive measure to try to stay ahead of the problems. Don't read too much into it but use it as a guide to prevent and identify ahead of time. It also helps you from going crazy. Example - You'll realize you're not the only one whose beds shakes/rattles like crazy at the slightest bump.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Over 400,000 F150's have been sold with the Ecoboost platform. Like stated less than 5% of the owners even post on message boards. That being said, people with good experiences are far less likely to relay their good experiences to the public. People with bad ones are far more likely to make a search and post about it. The timing chain issues like effects less than 1% of trucks, that's still more than 4,000 trucks nationwide.

·
Vendor
1,173 Posts
ALL vehicles made have issues, as several noted, no reason to not want one....just educational to be aware of common issues and the fixes.

These trucks are awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts