F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fordf150-ace2915.jpg

Yesterday we were invited to a press release introducing the all new Polaris Sportsman ACE. It's a crossover off-road vehicle that blurs the lines between hard riding trail ATV and comfort of a traditional side-by-side. For an entry level off-road vehicle (starting at just $7499) this thing is a BLAST! We rode the rocky trails of Hidden Falls adventure park located just outside Marble Falls, Texas all day. The total width of the vehicle is 48" so it will fit on any ATV trail you can find. You sit very low in the cockpit and the feeling of becoming a rally car driver immediately sets in. For being such a nimble off-road vehicle it felt very stable and inspired confidence while crawling over rocks and driving on rough terrain. While we were wrapping things up with the press release, we wanted to see just how easy it would be load up the small off-road monster into the short bed of my truck. One problem with most side-by-side vehicles is you can't just throw them in the bed and go. It takes a trailer, toy hauler, or a long bed to transport them. Not the case with the ACE. Set a couple of ramps up and 2-3 minutes later we were ready to take this new toy home. The Polaris Sportsman ACE weighs in at just 850 pounds. The F150 Ecoboost made light work of hauling it and sat nearly level with this off-road monster in the back. For the full review of the all-new Polaris Sportsman ACE, visit Polaris ACE Forum. More photos to follow...

·
Registered
173 Posts
That looks sweet! Its cool that it fits, even in a short bed too. How did you make sure to not break your rear glass on your truck?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got it in about 3/4 of the way in the bed and pushed it until it hit the front part of the bed.

That looks sweet! Its cool that it fits, even in a short bed too. How did you make sure to not break your rear glass on your truck?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looks nice, but after finding out the hard way Polaris doesn't stand behind what they sell, we will stick with BRP, they do.
We own 2 RZR's and when we replace them it will not be with another Polaris product.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
It looks like it was based off of the sportsmen platform, which would worry me a bit as far as frame strength goes. We'll have to see how the aftermarket support goes for these, they may turn out pretty bad ass.

Honda needs to being back the oddessy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It looks like it was based off of the sportsmen platform, which would worry me a bit as far as frame strength goes. We'll have to see how the aftermarket support goes for these, they may turn out pretty bad ass.

Honda needs to being back the oddessy.
They are bad ass machines. However Polaris has had a lot of problems with their 800HO engines. We had one under warranty break on us, not knowing what the problem was because it was just making a noise we put it away for the season figuring it would be looked at in the spring. In the spring we found out it was a mechanical failure in the engine. Polaris called the dealer who confirmed they were in storage and when they went in. Polaris said even though it was under warranty when the machine failed they would not honor it because it was out of warranty when the dealer looked at it. Google Polaris RZR problems, you will find a host of unhappy customers who were left out to dry by Polaris.
I've owned Skidoo sleds all my life and had nothing but great customer service. Just had a brand new track put on a 3 year old sled at no cost to me. Personally I'd steer clear of Polaris and look at other brands. We own 2 RZR's and one sportsman, almost 40K worth of machines and it meant nothing to olaris, so much for supporting loyal customers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks awesome! Seems like there are some people here not happy with polaris though. I grew up on Suzuki and put those through hell and they always made it back. I drove one back with the right handle bar bent 90 deg down and a pair of vise grips for the throttle. Bought my polaris 850 XP in 2009 and love the power and ride. As for strength it may be a little weak, this happened the first week I had it.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is basically a Honda Odessy just reborn with a modern look. Nice unit just calling out Polaris for saying it was a new idea.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
They are bad ass machines. However Polaris has had a lot of problems with their 800HO engines. We had one under warranty break on us, not knowing what the problem was because it was just making a noise we put it away for the season figuring it would be looked at in the spring. In the spring we found out it was a mechanical failure in the engine. Polaris called the dealer who confirmed they were in storage and when they went in. Polaris said even though it was under warranty when the machine failed they would not honor it because it was out of warranty when the dealer looked at it. Google Polaris RZR problems, you will find a host of unhappy customers who were left out to dry by Polaris.
I've owned Skidoo sleds all my life and had nothing but great customer service. Just had a brand new track put on a 3 year old sled at no cost to me. Personally I'd steer clear of Polaris and look at other brands. We own 2 RZR's and one sportsman, almost 40K worth of machines and it meant nothing to olaris, so much for supporting loyal customers.
They seem to have corrected the majority of the issues with the second gen RZR's. I've always been wary of Polaris since that craptastic wave-runner I had, but they seem to be a leader in the side x side world. I'd be tossed up between a RZR 1xp and a Maverick.

Reactions: outlaw25
1 - 12 of 12 Posts