F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder as I updated my iPhone last night to the iOS 8.3 and couldn't sync with the truck this morning. Different from previous updates, this time the bluetooth feature on the phone defaulted to OFF. For those of you updating, verify your bluetooth under your settings on your phone just in case.

·
Registered
425 Posts
thanks that explains why I couldn't connect my phone this morning. I was going to take her into the dealership to get looked at lol

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
I dont Bluetooth & I'm Updating now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428604701.236097.jpg

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
🏾🏼🏻🏾🏿****🏾*************************🏿🏼🏾🏿🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to revise an old thread but you guys seems to be the experts. I switched from Windows Phone to the iPhone 6S last Friday. The Windows Phone integration with Sync was perfect, including text messaging handling. Sync would tell me I just received a text message and then ask me if I want it read to me or to ignore it. Then I could say read it, it would, and then ask if I wanted to reply and would dictate my response.

iPhone, not so much. :-( I can't even get it to tell me I have a text.

Any advice to replicate the Windows Phone experience?

Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry to revise an old thread but you guys seems to be the experts. I switched from Windows Phone to the iPhone 6S last Friday. The Windows Phone integration with Sync was perfect, including text messaging handling. Sync would tell me I just received a text message and then ask me if I want it read to me or to ignore it. Then I could say read it, it would, and then ask if I wanted to reply and would dictate my response.

iPhone, not so much. :-( I can't even get it to tell me I have a text.

Any advice to replicate the Windows Phone experience?

Thanks.
Hey RangerDoc,

Do you have show notifications turned on?

Go to SETTINGS on your iPhone, select BLUETOOTH, then select the BLUE ICON next to SYNC, there you should see the option for SHOW NOTIFICATIONS, make sure it is turned on.

SYNC will recognize the change the next time your phone connects.

Please let me know how things go.

Whitney

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Whitney. I have now turned this on and all I get is a message that says incoming text and the screen has a button to push to listen to it. Not really a 'hand's free experience' and not really safe. Then when you do push the button to listen it just reads the message. there's no opportunity to reply.

Any other settings I can change? Thanks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks Whitney. I have now turned this on and all I get is a message that says incoming text and the screen has a button to push to listen to it. Not really a 'hand's free experience' and not really safe. Then when you do push the button to listen it just reads the message. there's no opportunity to reply.

Any other settings I can change? Thanks.
RangerDoc,

Press the voice button and say READ MESSAGE. This should allow you to hear the new text message.

Unfortunately, at this time the iPhone does not support the reply feature with SYNC.

Whitney

1 - 13 of 13 Posts