F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a silly question, I currently have a Andriod based phone and have it Synced with my bluetooth for my phone in my truck. I am considering switching to an Iphone, and just want to make sure that it works with the Ford Sync system. I just don't want to get an Iphone and find out it doesn't work, if you could offer any insight it would be appreciated

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Yes it works. The phone. Sync sucks. I have a 5S now. Plays music. Bluetooth phone calls work

Sent from my white iPad3 in a RED smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just make sure your Sync is up to date to avoid any problems. You update it with a flash drive.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I have a 4s that works with sync.

Android sucks. Iphone is so much more intuitive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Three kinds of people.

1. iPhone only
2. Android only
3. iPhone only because they've never used an Android, had an Android, or know anything about Android.

I'd like to see one person using an iPhone use their phone the way I do daily. I can darn near run my day-to-day business using only my phone while my co-workers with iPhones can barely answer calls or send emails. I'd gladly go head to head with any iPhone and see who wins.

If you aren't techy, like screens that don't change, don't want to customize, like proprietary software, and are happy eating magic fairy dust, iPhone is for you. If you want your mobile device to be set up so it's intuitive for you with customization, business applications, email, office productivity, go Android.

Apple did an amazing job of capturing the market early on and has kept the people happy with updates. I mean look, there are iPhone 5S's all over the place including two in my family. They've controlled the OS, applications, build quality, etc. Amazing. Then look at Android development. It's open and today there will likely be at least one new phone announced with Android as the OS. It's not controlled and is growing by leaps and bounds with regard to development and technology. Sure, that leads to some inferior devices in the market, but when you have multiple companies driving the same ship forward versus one company locking up the passengers in steerage, anything can happen.

I like the integration of Android w/ Sync. I wish it would allow more though. But, that appears to be a common complaint from every phone user.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
If I didn't have money invested into iTunes music, I would switch from the iPhone to android. But I do, so I won't.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Three kinds of people.

1. iPhone only
2. Android only
3. iPhone only because they've never used an Android, had an Android, or know anything about Android.

I'd like to see one person using an iPhone use their phone the way I do daily. I can darn near run my day-to-day business using only my phone while my co-workers with iPhones can barely answer calls or send emails. I'd gladly go head to head with any iPhone and see who wins.

If you aren't techy, like screens that don't change, don't want to customize, like proprietary software, and are happy eating magic fairy dust, iPhone is for you. If you want your mobile device to be set up so it's intuitive for you with customization, business applications, email, office productivity, go Android.

Apple did an amazing job of capturing the market early on and has kept the people happy with updates. I mean look, there are iPhone 5S's all over the place including two in my family. They've controlled the OS, applications, build quality, etc. Amazing. Then look at Android development. It's open and today there will likely be at least one new phone announced with Android as the OS. It's not controlled and is growing by leaps and bounds with regard to development and technology. Sure, that leads to some inferior devices in the market, but when you have multiple companies driving the same ship forward versus one company locking up the passengers in steerage, anything can happen.

I like the integration of Android w/ Sync. I wish it would allow more though. But, that appears to be a common complaint from every phone user.
I've had both phones, I don't think your assessment is completely fair.
Both have pros and cons, even when connected to sync.

I will say this, the weekend I downloaded ios7 and couldn't go back to ios6 I went and bought another android.

not a fan of the new trend in software, lately, to run everything in shades of white.
I can't see the color differences.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"I've had both phones, I don't think your assessment is completely fair."

Probably not. I agree with that. I have two iPhones in the house and my Android. I suppose I'm just used to what I'm used to. They're happy with them, but they use them as a texting, call and music device. I run my world with mine.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
iOS used to be the cat's meow compared to Android. Now it's crap. How am I supposed to find my red ESPN app on that washed out interface when I'm hammered drunk? Well, I cant easily. Which means I may accidentally click on my bank app, prompting me to buy 15 more beers I can't afford to forget about it.

I recently switched from iOS to android. The Google Nexus 5 is officially the cat's meow now. Takes a bit to get used to, but if you have AT&T's unlimited data, the LTE tethering (for no extra charge) is BOMB on vacation for work. Plus, Google now is super dope, Google knows stuff you wouldn't believe, It kindly forwards me when all the teams I want to watch are playing and other college BBall games that I would probably watch. I didn't tell it to do that, it just knows, man. I'm telling you to switch to the cat's meow.

Reactions: Dominator

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Also, screw iTunes, just get spotify. Spotify is the cat's meow. (Also, all itunes tracks are unprotected now and spotify will automatically add them to your library).

Get with the times you geezers.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have to agree with n00g on this one spotify is pretty awesome and a whole lot better!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
not a fan of the new trend in software, lately, to run everything in shades of white.
I can't see the color differences.
How's it feel old man! Granted I had the same issue (when hammered drunk) so don't feel too bad, because 90% of my nights are spent drinking.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I've been a android user since the inception. I fought the iOS for so long. The razor maxx hd was my last android phone. I got a deal on a iPhone 5 and switched.
Couldn't be happier. I liked not having a ton programs I never use ( bloat ware) and take up space and slow the phone down. Every single android I had locked up and froze at least 2 times a week. Maybe once a month with my iPhone. I'm on my third sync vehicle and had android for the first two and it had issues connecting to my sync half the time. Switched to the iPhone when I still had the 2nd sync vehicle and never had an issue since.
iOS just works. Many don't like ios7. I like it. Never had any issues

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I used to have a Droid2, then Droid2 Global, and finally a Droid3...all because the previous ones had software issues. I then ditched the smart phone as I was in the process of buying a house and was unsure if I could afford the $120 payment/month compared to the $45/right now. I have a Casio Ravine (the waterproof, dustproof, shockproof FLIP phone) as I work on railcars and am an avid hunter, fisherman, and boater. I also have an ipod touch that I use for all my music. IMHO, Apple iOS sucks monkey nuts..and I agree with the earlier post:
1. android only
2. iphone only
3. iphone only, because they have never used/experienced android

My plan is up and now that I have a new, better paying job (hence how I paid for my truck) I will be going back to the android platform and using my ELM327 once again because apple seems to hate third party bluetooth systems and my iPod will not sync up to the bluetooth dongle.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
How's it feel old man! Granted I had the same issue (when hammered drunk) so don't feel too bad, because 90% of my nights are spent drinking.
Eff off! Lol
Office 13 is exponentially worse.
Couldn't tell read from unread email.
Rolled back to office 10

·
Registered
750 Posts
Eff off! Lol
Office 13 is exponentially worse.
Couldn't tell read from unread email.
Rolled back to office 10
you sound like my boss saying the old versions are better with everything lol. That may be true with windows 8 & 7 IMO

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
158 Posts
three kinds of people.

1. Iphone only
2. Android only
3. Iphone only because they've never used an android, had an android, or know anything about android.

I'd like to see one person using an iphone use their phone the way i do daily. I can darn near run my day-to-day business using only my phone while my co-workers with iphones can barely answer calls or send emails. I'd gladly go head to head with any iphone and see who wins.

if you aren't techy, like screens that don't change, don't want to customize, like proprietary software, and are happy eating magic fairy dust, iphone is for you. If you want your mobile device to be set up so it's intuitive for you with customization, business applications, email, office productivity, go android.

apple did an amazing job of capturing the market early on and has kept the people happy with updates. I mean look, there are iphone 5s's all over the place including two in my family. They've controlled the os, applications, build quality, etc. Amazing. Then look at android development. It's open and today there will likely be at least one new phone announced with android as the os. It's not controlled and is growing by leaps and bounds with regard to development and technology. Sure, that leads to some inferior devices in the market, but when you have multiple companies driving the same ship forward versus one company locking up the passengers in steerage, anything can happen.

I like the integration of android w/ sync. I wish it would allow more though. But, that appears to be a common complaint from every phone user.
bingo....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What apps/things to you guys like to do with Android that you can't do with Apple. Thought I had my mind made up, but now I am second guessing myself!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 89 Posts