F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like it's time to start a build thread. I picked up this 2012 Fx4 Screw around Thanksgiving of 2013 used. Owner didn't even have it a year before trading for another ecoboost. It had about 28k on the odometer. Truck was clean other than the tires were bald (perrelies, go figure) and some minor dents and scratches.

Mods that came on the truck: Leer100xl with thule bars, 1-1 1/2" level? not exactly sure.

Current mods: 4" BDS lift, fox 2.0 rear shocks, ready lift 3" rear block, autospring 1.5" add a leaf, BFG Ko2 285/65r20, plasti dip emblems and red inserts, custom billet badges, avs lo pro vent visors, weathertech floor mats, Linex platinum truck bed, ford bed extender, ADD Honey Badger bumper with brush guard, Nfab steps.

Future mods:, Rear Honey Badger bumper, Rigid flood lights for back up lights and 10" lights for front bumper, proper red and black Fx4 badges.

Dream mods: cooper st maxx 35s on 18s summer tires and wheels, Fox 6"coilovers dropped to 4 1/2-5", rear leaf pack to replace blocks

Here is how she came. After i cleaned her all up, new synthetic oil and a clean air filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
First came new toyo at2 tires in 275\55r20 stock size to start. on my way backup to the shop i had 3 sensors fail all part of the tire pressure and traction control system. Warranty fixed that. Just after that i blacked out the chrome and placed red inserts in the emblems.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Next came the linex bedliner and a bed extender. the extender was salvaged off another truck. Also ordered some custom badges from billit badges. I had gotten to use the truck a bit now and some other things started to develop.The first tow with the boat and a bed full of camping gear showed the weight of the cap and also the need for an add a leaf. At this time I also started to think about frontend protection for driving in the mountains on the way to the different campsites we go to.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After a lot of time, research, and saving money i finally made the decision to get an ADD honey badger after ADD agreed to make one with a brush guard. I also picked up a 4" bds lift that will go on in July along with some BFG Ko2 285/65r20. knowing the lift and tires were coming i knew i needed steps so i picked up a set up Nfab steps to help people get in, especially the wife now that she is prego.

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice looking truck...nice post...keep it coming

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! i think im going to at least get a date picked for the lift next week and order the tires.

I currently have 4" blocks with the lift kit. I am thinking of ordering a 3" instead. The bumper brought the front down a half inch. I believe I will have a bit too much rake with the add a leaf and a 4" block.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Dang, that bastard smasher sure looks nice up front!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just scheduled the lift for June 27th. Ordered the 3" blocks for now. Also ordered the big Ko2 in 285/65r20. I hope this all works out and ends up looking awesome.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the truck back from Ok4wd. Installed 4" BDS lift, 3" ready lift rear block, left in the 1.5" add a leaf, fox 2.0 rear shocks, and BFG Ko2 285/65r20. It came out awesome. IMG_20160701_132356597.jpg IMG_20160701_143549.jpg

·
Registered
2,196 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looking good. How was it working with OK on it?
The guys are great. Worked with me and handled all my questions. I will definitely work with them again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So the money for the truck is about tapped out now. I think the next plan is to save up and get some rigid flood lights for back up lights.

Not sure what the next big step will be. I priced out a vinyl wrap, that was 2 grand. Not sure if it's worth it. The Gobi roof rack has really caught my eye. I think I will get an install price when I get the lift checked in 500 miles.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
About this Discussion
45 Replies
12 Participants
Ironhide Fx4
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing