F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a taste for a loud EcoBoost that most people don't seem to have, mine is currently muffler and resonator deleted out of the back through a 4" MBRP Catback. I drove it around once when I just deleted the muffler and hadn't attached the rest of my 4" kit, so it was exiting halfway through the cab. I loved the sound, it was a little loud for me, but I want a middle ground between that and out the back. I was thinking a Pre axel dump (I would just put a 45 Degree elbow after my straight pipe) would be a good mix between the sounds. However I've heard that carbon monoxide can be a problem, I measured where it would come out on my truck and it would be past the cab, could I still have carbon monoxide issues.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,645 Posts
I think all American laws concerning exhaust say it is safe as long as it is past the cab. You should do an exit in front of the rear passenger side tire.

·
Registered
438 Posts
There is a flap vent in the cabin rear wall to vent interior air. It does not seal tight. I'd be concerned about that. I like the sound of an exhast that dumps at or past the edge of the body. Prevents a lot of drone thru the floor. KM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a flap vent in the cabin rear wall to vent interior air. It does not seal tight. I'd be concerned about that. I like the sound of an exhast that dumps at or past the edge of the body. Prevents a lot of drone thru the floor. KM
I'd like to keep the post muffler part of my MBRP kit without cutting it, in case I'd ever want to revert back to out the back. I'll do some research on that flap vent, thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
State law here says Outer Periphery of the Vehicle, no dumps allowed.
The exhaust is already pretty illegal, no muffler or resonator, and a little bit above the decibel limit here in Florida. However exhaust laws are rarely if ever enforced, my buddy has a straight piped 5.0 mustang that is 5x louder than my truck and he's never been stopped for it. I'm more worried about the safety of it.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
1,645 Posts
We in da dirty Souf yo lol

Reactions: milesej05

·
Modinstrator
2,714 Posts
The exhaust is already pretty illegal, no muffler or resonator, and a little bit above the decibel limit here in Florida. However exhaust laws are rarely if ever enforced, my buddy has a straight piped 5.0 mustang that is 5x louder than my truck and he's never been stopped for it. I'm more worried about the safety of it.
I wasn’t referring to the sound of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
There's a word for you and your friend...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I yell at the kids to get off my lawn at 32. I wonder what ill be like when I am over 40.

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I yell at the kids to get off my lawn at 32. I wonder what ill be like when I am over 40.
Nobody likes people messing up there lawn stripes

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I have a dump on my 4Runner since I had to hack off the last 5 feet of exhaust. I have yet to smell exhaust other than what comes through the vents from my manifold leak :ROFLMAO: . That smell is distinct since it has not run through the cat yet.

Also, I know there are a few shops that offer dump pipes for the Lexus GX's. They call them "overlanding" exhausts and the intention is to have them up out of the way so you don't crunch them offroad, but I think they dump after the axle.

I would just be worried about parking in snow and leaving the truck running. Then you could have a problem.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Irritable, cranky, crabby?

Wait, that's me at 65.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I have mine dumped just past the rear axle. tad louder and no smell..... hate the look of a single pipe out the back or side

1 - 18 of 18 Posts