F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As wonderful as Sync is I must say that I could wring its freakin' neck at times. Why can't she understand the word 'Parents'? I tell her to call 'Parents' and she responds 'Calling Terence'. Wait a minute...I pronounced my 'P' clearly...oh well lets try again. 'Call Parents' .... 'Calling Kirbans'. WTF KIRBANS???? That sounds nothing like parents. Oh and dont' get me started on 'Mobile Apps'. Why does this dingbat ask me everytime did I say 'Mobile Apps'? What the hell else even sounds like 'Mobile Apps' that she could be getting confused with? 'Mobile Apps' has to be the easiest thing to understand right? Man I love the Sync when it works but dam its a PIA at times. Siri understands me perfectly everytime so I have to believe that my voice isn't the problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It is secret government plot. They figure if your truck ignores what you want, nags you all the time, and sounds smug like it knows it all, you will drive it less and save gas. Either that or some 16 year old teenager wrote the program...:eek:

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wonder how long it will be until some attorney sues Ford sighting the poor quality of Sync for causing an owner into a fit of road rage. Hey, it could happen.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
What I hate too, is when sync doesn't understand and launches in a 5 minute monologue on all the possible devices you can say it go to the sync website.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm hoping that an update will come that allows you to access Siri for iPhone commands. That would be a wonderful thing for me.
That would be too easy! It would be nice if they were able to read the text messages on the iPhone! Although the technology for Sync hasn't really improved much when it comes to voice commands. I had the system when it came out in 2008 and it hasn't changed much when it comes to listening to voice commands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sync is Microsoft. I doubt apple will get into fords pants anytime soon ;)
This is why as soon as an installation kit is available for the 2013 XLT I'm putting in my own choice of navigation head units that'll have the features I want. Wiring kits are available that allow the retention of the Sync functions as well so nothing would be lost. Its amazing that the install kits aren't available yet. I've been really liking the iPad in-dash install. I could live with using the mirror for the back up camera but I'm sure that there is a way to get back up camera on the iPad as well.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow. Cool. I own an iPad. Hmm.
I don't have an iPad but I do have the F150.:D I had planned on using my 'old school' car audio stuff for my system with the wiring harness that retains sync but this maybe to nice to not do. I have some 'old school' stuff that I'm dying to get back into a dash and use. I'd put it in my boat but the salt water/air would destroy it.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Tell me when and where! I'll bring an iPad mini!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I kinda like the Sync Chick!

She reminds me of my wife.
Never does what I ask
Gets confused when I talk
When I ask her for one thing, she offers something completely different
She ignores me sometimes until I come back the next day then she listens
Half the time I have no idea what she is talking about

All in fun,

SPPD

Reactions: Nasty Wendy

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK, I just made up my mind to put an iPad indash. I'm still waiting on the install kits to come out but the decision is made. Steering wheel controls will work and I get Siri. I bet that Sync slut will start sucking up to me now. She knows she is about to get kicked in the azz. Matter of fact I'm going to tell her all about it. I can hear her groveling already. 'Did you say iPad?' 'Are you leaving me for Siri?' 'I can do better' 'Please don't'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts