F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new tune on my truck and I'm getting positive knock counts on light throttle when accelerating from a stop and light throttle acceleration going up hill. Usually under 3 but I get spikes occasionally that have gone as high as 9.5.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I just installed a new tune on my truck and I'm getting positive knock counts on light throttle when accelerating from a stop and light throttle acceleration going up hill. Usually under 3 but I get spikes occasionally that have gone as high as 9.5.
Oh that's high....
Log it and send off for a revision.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good lord. With all of my MPT logs I have negative or zero knock unless its immediately after letting off from a WOT run.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What tune are running....I've never seen 9.5*.

You sure you aren't looking at timing? (just asking to make sure).

·
Registered
475 Posts
You will get short spikes sometimes after letting completely off after a WOT run, but I've never seen one go above 5 even with the stock or canned tunes.

·
Registered
674 Posts
That's strange. I guess some base tunes react differently on different trucks. My initial MPT 93 was negative across the board. Hope they get you lined out.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Would the Livewire to multiple logs or do I have to download each one?

Also it's an occasional spike so it won't happen all the time.
Probably be better to use a lap top to log...

·
Registered
182 Posts
It doesn't sound like a hard fix, I would log it and send it in as already suggested.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I had the same problem with my first 3 tunes from Mike but this last one really helped it out, I don't see it as much but sometimes I do but when I do it's pulling timing, it's only like at 50 mph under very light throttle in 6th gear, but as soon as I give it more gas it's In the negatives, actually every single tune I own does this, and as soon as I give it more gas it's all good. I figured its normal because every one does it just a little. Mike had to turn mine down a little to get it down. When I datalog I always do a 20- roll, 50- roll, and a 6th gear light throttle at about 50 mph to 70 mph. Do that and send it to him.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Funny you mention the 6th gear light throttle thing. I need to log mine like that. I don't like the response in 6th. Seems like you gotta really mash the gas for it to go. I imagine if I had the tow/haul pushed it would perform differently though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow, I hit 9.9 on a tune. Must be set as a max knock. Guess my truck don't like any tunes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see this same thing. I just discovered it when I started watching kr in real time through the TS. Only does it at light throttle and the kr holds and does not drop. Heavier throttle and more boost and KR looks really good...even in 6th gear under load it is way in the negatives.

i do not believe this to be tune related as it is much worse with my stock tune (6+). I even have 91 in the tank which tells you how bizarre this is. It is not as bad with my 89t4 tune but it is still there. I have verified with a data log but that was using the record function to file through the TS. I think a regular data log through a laptop needs to be tried to verify if this is a livewire ts issue.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is knock normal on WOT pulls? Between 2-3.. Ideal should be zero correct? I just want to make sure I'm not pushing the truck too hard that I may damage the engine

·
Registered
523 Posts
I know noting about logging. But would like to. What does a person need to log with a laptop? I'm guessing some interface with the ALDL port under the driver side kick panel and some some software on the laptop.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is knock normal on WOT pulls? Between 2-3.. Ideal should be zero correct? I just want to make sure I'm not pushing the truck too hard that I may damage the engine
Just repeating what those in the know have said..constant knock, even 2-3, isn't good. The ECM should pull or add timing quickly so the knock should drop and not stay constant. Mine stays between -5 and 0 at WOT.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just repeating what those in the know have said..constant knock, even 2-3, isn't good. The ECM should pull or add timing quickly so the knock should drop and not stay constant. Mine stays between -5 and 0 at WOT.
What tune are you running?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mpt93 performance. I do have a few gal e85 in the tank but still couldn't imagine having constant knock given the latest blown engine fiasco.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.