F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford F150 3.5 King Ranch
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Houston isn’t affecting me yet. I’m a school teacher and so far no one has contracted the virus. However, my wife and I are planning to sell our home in April and move to Spokane WA to begin new careers and do some RVing. I know the virus is beginning to shut down Washington State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Just my 401k.... Dropping like a Chevy.. Oh, I mean "A Rock".... :)

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Just went to Costco to get the usual supplies and toilet paper was one of them, no I’m not stocking up like all the other dip shits, wasn’t one single pack left

If it keeps up at this rate it might be Time for a bidet.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The rush on TP at Costco makes me laugh. My only concern is the risk to our younger son. He’s still in hospital 8 weeks after his haploid bone marrow transplant. He actually has reasonable blood count numbers, but has a “new” immune system without built up antibodies. Buying masks to change his center line dressing and line cap changes for his return home is near impossible.

I’m considering seeking out someone with corona and infecting myself, so when I get over it I can give him a transfusion and pass the antibodies to him without him having to be infected. We have the same blood type and I was his donor, so he really has the same immune system as I do, just without the antibodies from years of disease.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just my 401k.... Dropping like a Chevy.. Oh, I mean "A Rock".... :)
I mean, same thing right? hahaha

It is getting ridiculous about this virus, hasn't this virus been around for years, and this new stream is just an "amped" up version? The flu is different every year, and some years the shots work good, and other years it doesn't, but you don't see things getting shut down or people panicking about it. Every election year there is always something like this to freak everyone out, then all the sudden it goes away like it was no big deal. I really don't understand why the rush to buy TP, are people just now starting to wipe their asses? Seriously what is the deal with the TP, someone please explain?

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
People stocking on TP is because IF they become infected, they will be quarantined for at least 14 days.

And, for some reason, women go through much more TP than men.

So if you are a house of 6, with only 1 guy - they are going to go through TP like crazy, and will run out before the minimum 14 days (assuming they are either not infected or just mild).

PS: Yes, a lot of auto parts are hard to get right now. While the part itself may be assembled in the US, often the parts needed to assemble the unit comes from China and that is basically shutdown.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I mean, same thing right? hahaha

It is getting ridiculous about this virus, hasn't this virus been around for years, and this new stream is just an "amped" up version? The flu is different every year, and some years the shots work good, and other years it doesn't, but you don't see things getting shut down or people panicking about it. Every election year there is always something like this to freak everyone out, then all the sudden it goes away like it was no big deal. I really don't understand why the rush to buy TP, are people just now starting to wipe their asses? Seriously what is the deal with the TP, someone please explain?
No, this is a brand new. And it's a virus (like the Common Cold). It was caused by Chinese people eating infected bats in Wuhan. But they Chinese complained when the WHO was coming up with a name (and called it COVID 19, and not the Chinese Bat Flu). This is new. In the past, the name of where it came from or which Animal was the source (like the Avian/Bird Flu).

Most old timers will remember the Hong Kong Flu from the late 1960s. I remember going to school and half the class was off sick.

PS: Most flus come from Asia and particularly China due to the close proximity of people living near animals ... and most are NOT pets.

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, this is a brand new. And it's a virus (like the Common Cold). It was caused by Chinese people eating infected bats in Wuhan. But they Chinese complained when the WHO was coming up with a name (and called it COVID 19, and not the Chinese Bat Flu). This is new. In the past, the name of where it came from or which Animal was the source (like the Avian/Bird Flu).

Most old timers will remember the Hong Kong Flu from the late 1960s. I remember going to school and half the class was off sick.

PS: Most flus come from Asia and particularly China due to the close proximity of people living near animals ... and most are NOT pets.
gotcha - why not just call it Godzilla if it is destroying china? haha

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
gotcha - why not just call it Godzilla if it is destroying china? haha
As I said, the Chinese complained to the WHO so that it would not be identify China.

But it definitely started from China and doctors have traced the molecules of this virus to the same as bats have. Humans are only subject to about 4 or 5 coronaviruses (SARS was one, the common cold, and Influenza are the most common). Bats have hundreds of coronaviruses.

They don't know if it came directly from bats (by eating them) OR if bat 'droppings' fell near a place where live animals are being sold (for eating). But bats are definitely eaten in China and other parts of South East Asia.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Supposed to travel to the Bay Area, Ca in a few weeks for spring break with family in tow. Alaska just announced you can postpone your travel without incurring a flight change fee. You have to pay any difference of course, but at least they are allowing those with a "non-refundable" tickets bought through their website some options.

I'm not so concerned about my family or myself in terms of getting COVID-19, but we were going to see the elderly in-laws. I don't think sightseeing places all day then taking ourselves back to them is really a good idea - for them. Not sure if places would still be crowded with the whole outbreak going on, but it just seems like really poor timing.

I may just postpone a few months and pay more to go in summer.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Went to Fry's out here in Scottsdale for some lunch and pick up a couple cases of bottled water (at least their still were several pallets) for my business...plus some toilet paper.
I told the wife Hel* No-lol...people will lump me in with the crazies stocking up for the apocalypse or something?
Of course I went anyway (wife's stare).
Some as* hats completely wiped ? the toilet paper isle dry?!
Not 1 roll left to be found :rolleyes:
Guess I'll hit Big Lots up on the way home.....
PS..Boost Reference> Loving the Full E Locker Feature....nice launches in the rain!
Screenshot_20200304-160547_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
You're in Houston and you aren't affected?

So you ain't a Rodeo fan?

I can't imagine the pressure those fine folks must have been under to finally pull the plug.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
I personally have always keep about 2-3 weeks of canned food & a freezer full of meat in my home, just because I hate shopping and sometimes I skip it. When I go, I usually go early on weekends, and it is more for fresh vegetables and to pick up any "specials".

I have no one to assist me if I am quarantined and I am forced to stay in my home for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're in Houston and you aren't affected?

So you ain't a Rodeo fan?

I can't imagine the pressure those fine folks must have been under to finally pull the plug.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I am a rodeo fan was just going to an event and now this! Not yee haw! Bummer but yes it is the right move. So far school is still going on, and even if they close for two weeks, is that enough time to allow the virus to pass? Not sure but it seems like this is a few months virus not just a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well then there's this, just released today:

It's not just aerosols and droplets to be worried about. Basically just wear rubber gloves for the next 6 months and don't touch your face, nose or eyes.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Has definitely affected me. Just refinanced my house at 3.1. Bought airfare for a way Cheaper rate. And I'm a teacher so just waiting for the panic to spread so I can get a longer spring break. ?. And my wife is getting paid to develop an online curriculum in the event schools are closed.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I’m considering seeking out someone with corona and infecting myself, so when I get over it I can give him a transfusion and pass the antibodies to him without him having to be infected. We have the same blood type and I was his donor, so he really has the same immune system as I do, just without the antibodies from years of disease.
It doesn't work that way, and that's part of the problem. If you get this bug, your body will eventually kill it... but you don't develop antibodies, so you can get reinfected.

Supposed to travel to the Bay Area, Ca in a few weeks for spring break with family in tow. Alaska just announced you can postpone your travel without incurring a flight change fee. You have to pay any difference of course, but at least they are allowing those with a "non-refundable" tickets bought through their website some options.
Postpone. Same problem - it's not the virus that's so bad, it's the idiots.

Has definitely affected me. Just refinanced my house at 3.1. Bought airfare for a way Cheaper rate. And I'm a teacher so just waiting for the panic to spread so I can get a longer spring break. ?. And my wife is getting paid to develop an online curriculum in the event schools are closed.
Damn. 3.1 for 30? I've been needing to refi mine... considering my 401k, IRA, and other investments are getting sodomized with a cactus, I should at least get something out of it in the form of a bottom dollar mortgage.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Mr. Rodgers has Corona Virus. Ok it’s now serious.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I don't watch basketball but got a Bleacher Report notification saying an NBA player, Rudy Gobert, has it too.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 664 Posts