F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

241 - 260 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
It's simply because "they", over recent years, at least the last decade, have done a pretty remarkable job of convincing ALMOST all of us to put one jersey on or the other, and then be fiercely loyal TO your team and AGAINST the other.

It takes considerable effort not to get sucked in. Lol

My own personal strategy is NEVER to let them enter my living room without being invited. For me, turning on the TV and flipping to ANY of the "team channels" is absolutely off limits!

I refuse to buy a ticket or a jersey to the game.

Just my own way of staying FREE
I'm not saying others should refrain. I would never impose my will on my neighbor.
Nor am I naive about my hermit style hippy-cowboy tiny house lifestyle. It's not exactly mainstream.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
When I grow up, I want to be you. :p

·
Premium Member
2017 Ford F150 3.5 King Ranch
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Yep. Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate to treat coronavirus

I love how they have to get in the Trump angle. I don't seem to recall the President saying anything about dosing up on aquarium cleaning pills...
He is the one, quite frankly the only one, who is perpetuation the false messaging. I only blame him for that. And I do not know all the facts, just what Dr. Fauci says and what the President says. Point being in my opinion we need to be listening to fact-based and evidence-based recommendations from our leadership and the scientists who are on the front lines of this thing.

There are a lot of concerns right now with people who do not understand the gravity of the situation, and who are taking the wrong measures, hoarding as an example. After the President made comments about certain treatments, by the way that are not evidence-based and not proven, people bought these medications in large amounts. As a result, the individuals who actually need these medications now (if you have Lupus or rheumatoid arthritis), now cannot get them (according to a radio show I listen to. And if this is wrong information, then sure I'll eat crow. Hell I'll paint a crow on my rear window!)

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I refuse to buy a ticket or a jersey to the game.

Just my own way of staying FREE
I'm not saying others should refrain. I would never impose my will on my neighbor.
Nor am I naive about my hermit style hippy-cowboy tiny house lifestyle. It's not exactly mainstream.
Very enjoyable lifestyle. You seem like a good level-headed person. I can't seem to turn my head from a train wreck. Maybe I will now that I am retiring and moving, and going into another career. Also when I have grandkids that might shake me up in a good way.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
He is the one, quite frankly the only one, who is perpetuation the false messaging. I only blame him for that. And I do not know all the facts, just what Dr. Fauci says and what the President says. Point being in my opinion we need to be listening to fact-based and evidence-based recommendations from our leadership and the scientists who are on the front lines of this thing.

There are a lot of concerns right now with people who do not understand the gravity of the situation, and who are taking the wrong measures, hoarding as an example. After the President made comments about certain treatments, by the way that are not evidence-based and not proven, people bought these medications in large amounts. As a result, the individuals who actually need these medications now (if you have Lupus or rheumatoid arthritis), now cannot get them (according to a radio show I listen to. And if this is wrong information, then sure I'll eat crow. Hell I'll paint a crow on my rear window!)
Fauci should be front and center running the show. This is the type of thing you want to prepare for the worst, and if the worst case doesn't materialize, then so be it, consider yourself lucky. But not taking enough action will be catastrophic for a lot of folks. Testing remains to be a huge problem. People are continuing to spread this thing and we have no clue just how embedded it is. Looking at the JH data from the last few days, it's not looking good at all. Even remote communities that have little outside traffic with larger cities are showing cases. IMO, they should have stopped all domestic travel last week. It's everywhere already, so the issue now is just how high the apex will be, and how many locations will exceed their medical capacity all at once.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned in the news, is to refrain from risky behavior. If you get injured chopping wood or riding a motorbike, now is not a good time to need a hospital.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
From where I am sitting it is almost like nobody in the entire USA currently has more influence than the Doc does.

Or put another way, his viewpoint is out weighing any other viewpoint I can see.

By the way, I ain't complaining about that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah a step back is in order. Dr. Fauci is higly trained in the medical field and a top bureaucrat in the CDC, he knows medicine and it's approval for distribution. Trump is a successful businessman and current POTUS, tasked with handling the country. Two fully different fields now overlapping in a crisis. And the product filtered thru the media.
Goofy opinions pushed, with poor/lacking information, create a situation where an Arizona man and his wife self treated an self medicated with a product for cleaning fish tanks. KM

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Honestly, some of the stories my wife would come home from the hospital and tell.......

Long before this crazy crisis, there were people who end up in the emergency room for the most unbelievable reasons. And that's just one hospital in one city.

Please don't judge our entire species based on the folly of the unfortunate few. They might mean well, but they often don't really think things through.

But then I've been caught with the front wheel in the air, approaching triple digit speeds, on a back country road. I look back at it now and wonder what was I thinking?

·
Registered
216 Posts
<snip>
But then I've been caught with the front wheel in the air, approaching triple digit speeds, on a back country road. I look back at it now and wonder what was I thinking?
<snip>
I think most of us have had moments like this in our lives...kinda makes one wonder how the species has survived.:oops:

·
1,930 Posts
...But then I've been caught with the front wheel in the air, approaching triple digit speeds, on a back country road. I look back at it now and wonder what was I thinking?
So no 100 MPH wheelies? You can’t even join my idiot club. How about the speed/death wobbles at 130 MPH? Wasn’t even my bike, I just assumed all liter plus big bikes were stable at that speed. My VMax was stable at those speeds that V65 Magna was not. I learned a valuable lesson that day. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
So no 100 MPH wheelies? You can’t even join my idiot club. How about the speed/death wobbles at 130 MPH? Wasn’t even my bike, I just assumed all liter plus big bikes were stable at that speed. My VMax was stable at those speeds that V65 Magna was not. I learned a valuable lesson that day. :)
Lol
At the time it was a gsxr that the front wheel was softly returning to the tarmac right before 100. I think the shift point at redline in 2nd was just short of 117mph

I did this same wheelie every day on the way away from the house. If I was just running up to the convenience store, I would have to drive back to the house at legal speeds because I often had been reported by neighbors moments earlier.

I got the dirtiest looks from the local law.

Like I said. I ain't proud now. But it is part of my legacy in my own mind.

I'm glad we both are alive GearHead.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Oh, I agree. Personally, I agree with some of the actions Trump takes, but certainly not all of it. At the same time, I wish someone would take his Twitter account away and rap him on the knuckles every time he reaches for a microphone. In this instance, Dr. Fauci's opinion is what I care about (along with the other medical professionals like ADM Giroir, etc. who speak).

That said, were I in his shoes, I can understand getting frustrated. The guy can't take a dump without some idiot in the press needling him about something.

I look at it this way... say you're on an airplane, flying along at 35,000 feet when suddenly the engines quit. Now, I may not like the pilots for whatever reason... maybe I'm not sure they're qualified, or they vote for the other color, or whatever. However, continually harassing them, questioning their qualifications, etc. is not going to help the flying rock we're all on in getting to the ground safely. Right now, we're all together aboard the flying rock. This should be a time of national unity, not more division. And yes, I'm not ignorant to the fact that it's on both sides (witness the "deep State Department" comments, among others).

I guess I'd just like our elected officials on both sides to care about what is right and best for the country, not continuing to fight each other, inject pork into bills that are intended to provide needed funding for healthcare/EMS/etc., things of that nature.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Aside from the usual political needling by both sides, the issue is one of statesmanship and differing opinions. Case in point: Dan Patrick Lt. governor of Texas today suggested that people take a risk by going out and spend money to keep the economy afloat. That the economy was more important than their health. Now I don't know about you, but I would much rather see a complete collapse of the stock market, economy and everything in society, than to see people continue to spread this thing. For me, the cure is never worse than the scourge unless you have data to show the number of actual deaths. But that's my opinion. The market crashing and society turning into Mad Max or Roar Warrior with more people dying? - That's speculation. They are making a false assumption.

The reason the restrictions don't seem to be working is people did not listen. Leaders were calling this whole thing a hoax. They also did not shut down domestic travel. They should have gone to complete lock down if they were really serious about slowing the spread. So we seem to not have flattened the curve very much AND we are also destroying our economy at the same time. The bottom line is we were completely unprepared for something of this magnitude, did not appreciate the expert opinions in the field, and there's still several people in the administration/congress on both sides of the aisle who don't understand the gravity of the situation the rest of society is currently in. They are too far removed from the reality of average Americans.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts

Summit County, UT is where I live.

The good news is that we will all be dead or immune before the rest of you.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I just read of one person dying because they took the Presidents hope as a green light to take Choroquin or however you spell it. False hope can be worse. I would prefer the President give us the facts and tell us what we really are up against, and then have the experts tell us how they are really responding.
fish aquarium cleaning version, not the FDA approved...... And its not the Presidents fault..... As tragic as it is, the responsibility is on the person or person's. I am pretty sure the President didn't say take any form of or substance that has Chorquin in it..... He simply said, "The Manufactured Drug to treat Malaria is having some success when infected people take it, as reported b the Countries who are fighting the outbreak".". He Implied, "there is plenty of it, has very little side effects, so why not try it" is what I took away from his speech, not go out and get a form of it to take.

The CDC Dr then, more politically and conservatively said, "pump the brakes Chief, we have not (USA FDA) tested it, clinical studied it or approve it for a suitable treatment for COVID 19.... totally what he should say.

But sometimes, we as a nation or Human,should try something readily available to fight a pandemic.....

I look t it this way, man in the cavemen times had a illness or injury and used what ever they could to recover, and if it didn't work, they tried something else until they found something that did. Drastic times take drastic measures...

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
When I first hear that someone representing the public stated something that I consider outrageous, as soon as I fact check the actual transcript, if it's available, it almost ALWAYS reveals that the complaintant has been misquoted to some degree. Sometimes just a little tweak to spin it negatively. And sometimes outright misrepresented. And of course to every degree in between.

It is quite amazing actually.

And it's almost 100% of the time.

To this date I have not seen an unedited transcript of any, not one, elected official, call the threat of the coronavirus a hoax.

Yet I have heard this claim many many times by so many different sources.

We are living in a time where we don't even care anymore if there is accuracy in what is "reported". And as a result, we the people are no longer capable of trusting what we hear.

My dad will say something. I'll ask dad? Where did you hear that and how do you know if you can believe it. His typical response will be one of those "team channels" on TV that I mentioned earlier.

I'll roll my eyes and he'll say OK ok son, I know what you are saying, but how else will I get my information?

That's a good question dad. But the good news is we live in an Era that you CAN access almost any so called quote of someone if you research it. But you ain't going to find it on the soundbite team channels on the boobtube. That's a propaganda spewing box that wouldn't hold up in a single court in the land.

In my opinion, only the tiniest percentage of so called reporting by ANY media outlet today is straight up untainted. Tiny. It's fascinating, actually.

I'm convinced that it is proof that "they" have succeeded in convincing almost all of us to pick a team!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
When I first hear that someone representing the public stated something that I consider outrageous, as soon as I fact check the actual transcript, if it's available, it almost ALWAYS reveals that the complaintant has been misquoted to some degree. Sometimes just a little tweak to spin it negatively. And sometimes outright misrepresented. And of course to every degree in between.

It is quite amazing actually.

And it's almost 100% of the time.

To this date I have not seen an unedited transcript of any, not one, elected official, call the threat of the coronavirus a hoax.

You can't be serious? Watch the Trump rally from February 28th.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I believe this article addresses the fact that some reporters have apologized for misquoting what was said at the rally. And the transcript of what was said is included in the article.

You have every right to your opinion, of course. But at least with the transcript the reader gets to decide what they believe the speaker was ACTUALLY trying to convey

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #259

You might be right. However this is also a form of gaslighting, Making it seem like nothing is true anymore, that everything said is biased and there really is no truth, even the facts are not true because they are just your interpretation based on your inherent biases, idiosyncrasies, and proclivities. At some point you have to trust someone to give you unvarnished truth. One thing lacking by our current political leadership is trust and integrity. They have made it increasingly difficult to believe them when the scientists standing next to them keep on having to contort themselves into pretzels to give the American people the science behind what is and what is going to happen based on scientific models. As far as I can see, and I only know what I read on my trusted news sources, is that there is no cure; there is no treatment; we need to lock down for a while. The president has a very difficult job right now, and there is not one right answer nor a roadmap of correct decisions. One thing I don’t need is false hope. Tell me what we are up against and let’s get Ford tough! No matter how long it takes, I can take it. Don’t peddle misinformation to coddle the public into making poor choices. I’ll say this about any team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I had to look it up.

I don't know if I'm gaslighting. Lol
But I AM claiming to have very little faith in almost ANY of what I hear these days politically.

I'd love to find ONE source that is unbiased enough that I could let my skepticism down.

241 - 260 of 356 Posts