F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

581 - 600 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Unfortunately, the state is as local as it gets. I am from very rural northern Mn and it would be nice to have different standards than the twin cities.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The fact remains this is likely a disease that will kill between 1 in 80 to 1 in 300 depending on the demographics of given population.
1 in 80? Citation required. That's more than 4 million people - even in the wildest dreams of the panic-peddling media, 4 million hasn't been a thing. Never mind that the death rate is dropping substantially already:

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Not that it hasn't been said before, but 650,000 Americans die of heart disease year in and year out.

I'm not trying to make a single point other than we LIVE with those deaths of our loved ones, friends, neighbors and strangers for decades. Some folks make an effort to alter how they live because of it. Most folks just accept the risks and order what makes them happy at the restaurant.

Death is a powerful powerful hammer in our psychi, or it's not.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
1 in 80? Citation required. That's more than 4 million people - even in the wildest dreams of the panic-peddling media, 4 million hasn't been a thing. Never mind that the death rate is dropping substantially already:
1 in 80 would depend on the demographics of the population.

Diamond Princess and Grand Princess had 10 deaths out of 800 cases. That is 1 in 80.

Where are you getting 4 million + from? The US Population divided by 80? That would require an older population. The demographics in the US won't support that kind of fatality rate. You also infer a 100% infection rate. That's not going to happen either.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Yep, it would require a bit more than a bumper sticker attention span. Lol

I honestly don't expect anyone I know, including my own family and friends, to watch it.

But, it's absolutely amazing, in my opinion.
The doctor in Hawaii has an amazing insight that I haven't seen from anyone else.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It seems we are stuck in a required treatment protocol that was written before we had knowledge of this disease. It’s so hard to change now that many doctors are following it without thought and politicians have hung their hat on it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
It seems we are stuck in a required treatment protocol that was written before we had knowledge of this disease. It’s so hard to change now that many doctors are following it without thought and politicians have hung their hat on it.
Not just a treatment protocol.. but the entire lockdown protocol. For one great example, have you heard the term "flattening the curve" in the media lately?

The "curve" has been "flattened". Short of NYC, nowhere in the country came anywhere close to exceeding hospital capacity. Suddenly, that term has vanished from the lame-stream media.

Oh, and all those ventilators that all these companies were (and still are) cranking up to produce? Well, seems that ventilators basically kill COVID patients. Permissive hypoxemia is the new hotness. Those tens of thousands of ventilators, most of which are being produced by companies that don't have FDA clearance except in the scope of the current emergency, will likely be scrapped and sent to a recycler having never been used.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
I work in healthcare. Not all covid patients need to be on mechanical ventilation. Those that do usually had preexisting lung issues. Most that do are only on it for 4-5 days. The longer you are on it, less chance of survival, regardless of what put you on it to begin with. Ventilators do not kill people.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
As the old saying goes, when your neighbor is laid off, it's a recession. When you get laid off, it's a depression.

Ditto with COVID. When your neighbor get's it and dies, it's a pandemic. When someone close to you in your family or friends gets it and dies, it's a terrible tragedy that needs to be dealt with.

PS: The current death rate World Wide is sitting around 6.7% (deaths vs confirmed cases). The US is around 5.9%. (81K dead from 1.37 Million tested).

1 in 80, is 1.25%. That means roughly 6.5Million people in the US have the Virus (tested & untested) to yield 81K dead (and climbing). However that is a dubious number (1.25% death rate) because we are only sure about how many have been tested and how many died. We have NO CLUE how many had it and recovered without any testing. Whatever anyone says ... it's just a guess and nothing more.

And guesses are generally not correct.

And there may NEVER be a vaccine. There is no vaccine for the HIV/AIDS virus, Hepititis C and the Common Cold. COVID may be with us for MANY YEARS. And if it is mutating as some reports say, the working vaccine may only be temporary.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

Complete garbage. How can you stand to listen to this? It's not independent or as unbiased as you may think. I would look for a more varied news source.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
185 Posts
As the old saying goes, when your neighbor is laid off, it's a recession. When you get laid off, it's a depression.

Ditto with COVID. When your neighbor get's it and dies, it's a pandemic. When someone close to you in your family or friends gets it and dies, it's a terrible tragedy that needs to be dealt with.

PS: The current death rate World Wide is sitting around 6.7% (deaths vs confirmed cases). The US is around 5.9%. (81K dead from 1.37 Million tested).

1 in 80, is 1.25%. That means roughly 6.5Million people in the US have the Virus (tested & untested) to yield 81K dead (and climbing). However that is a dubious number (1.25% death rate) because we are only sure about how many have been tested and how many died. We have NO CLUE how many had it and recovered without any testing. Whatever anyone says ... it's just a guess and nothing more.

And guesses are generally not correct.

And there may NEVER be a vaccine. There is no vaccine for the HIV/AIDS virus, Hepititis C and the Common Cold. COVID may be with us for MANY YEARS. And if it is mutating as some reports say, the working vaccine may only be temporary.
The chinese wuhan bat virus has less than 1% mortality rate in these United States. This is from the only reliable source, not fake news.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
The chinese wuhan bat virus has less than 1% mortality rate in these United States. This is from the only reliable source, not fake news.
Go to Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,228,896 Cases and 285,363 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer ... THAT is where my stats come from. Not from the biggest source of fake news, a politician.

Face it, Trump blew it with his handling of the Coronavirus. All his conferences and speeches are now history to be viewed. It would be poetic justice if he were to get it, just like when Boris Johnson got it, and ended up in a ventilator. Boris has sure changed his tune now.

Now, if you want a real good laugh, view Trump's "Injecting Bleach" speach a week or two ago. You'll LYAOADOTF or maybe just DOTF

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Complete garbage. How can you stand to listen to this? It's not independent or as unbiased as you may think. I would look for a more varied news source.
Finding a source of info that agrees with whatever I want to hear doesn't make it unbiased.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Finding a source of info that agrees with whatever I want to hear doesn't make it unbiased.

That doesn't make it correct either. Lots of Nazis during World War 2 didn't believe what they heard was happening at these Concentration Camps. But that didn't make it less true. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

And the REAL truth won't be known until this COVID-19 is finally resolved ... if ever.

And usually the MOST UNRELIABLE SOURCE is a politician. As the old saying goes, "How can you tell when a Politician is lying?", their mouth is moving.

And that goes for ALL politicians. I disbelieve them equally.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I just have a hard time when "Experts" weigh in that "X" will happen, or that "Y" will happen. We have a pretty big unknown out there right now and I would question anyone saying they know how this will play out - even Fauci. Granted some experts deserve more credible weight than others, but it's still just an educated guess.

As for numbers, lets not debate that. They will vary by source, who did the testing, who was tested, how many tests, etc. I think if we as a population are going to "take the risk" and just open the gates for businesses, we should at least perform a randomized study so the numbers aren't so shaky and we know what we're dealing with. Aside from that, there could be 1.5% "added" deaths or 20% more deaths by opening things up. It's all an educated guessing game without a solid randomized study. There's just too many unknowns at this point. I think slow and steady is better than all at once. You can at least re-assess as you go, but randomized testing needs to be a part of that to better our understanding of the risks involved. And I don't mean testing for just who is positive, but testing for how many people are actually dying from it or having permanent damage to their bodies.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
That doesn't make it correct either. Lots of Nazis during World War 2 didn't believe what they heard was happening at these Concentration Camps. But that didn't make it less true. Sometimes the truth is a bitter pill to swallow.

And the REAL truth won't be known until this COVID-19 is finally resolved ... if ever.

And usually the MOST UNRELIABLE SOURCE is a politician. As the old saying goes, "How can you tell when a Politician is lying?", their mouth is moving.

And that goes for ALL politicians. I disbelieve them equally.
"Finding a source of info that agrees with whatever I want to hear doesn't make it unbiased"

I completely agree with you that it doesn't make it correct either.

My point was regarding that the video I linked to was hogwash and that I should find an "unbiased" source.

Unbiased? What makes it unbiased? That I agree with it?

Frankly, the world is running very short on unbiased sources. I'm not sure I know of one. Humans have never been more biased, from my point of view. I certainly know that I am. Lol

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
"Finding a source of info that agrees with whatever I want to hear doesn't make it unbiased"

I completely agree with you that it doesn't make it correct either.

My point was regarding that the video I linked to was hogwash and that I should find an "unbiased" source.

Unbiased? What makes it unbiased? That I agree with it?

Frankly, the world is running very short on unbiased sources. I'm not sure I know of one. Humans have never been more biased, from my point of view. I certainly know that I am. Lol

I guess it cuts both ways. There are very little sources of factual information anymore. Part of that is people have distorted what facts really are. Many people put emotional or subjective "facts" as being true by definition, when they aren't. There are a few different types of facts out there. "The sky is blue" is a fact, but is subjective based on the day. "A radius of a circle is 1/2 the diameter of the circle" is a fact, but it's true by what a radius is defined as, thus true by definition.

I think more of an issue is people want answers, when really the answer is "we don't know." I never understood why simply telling people you don't know something has lost favor. It's okay to be an expert in something and admit that. Perhaps that doesn't help things in the political/economic reality of our time, but it's really the truth. We simply do not know and people just need to be comfortable with that uncertainty.

581 - 600 of 627 Posts