F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a notification on my FordPass app a few days ago that there is an update for my Sync 3 system. I've logged on to the Ford Owners website and it is saying there are no updates available, so just curious if there is something coming or not?

·
Moderstrator
4,485 Posts
There is. For me it’s one I’m required to pay for as it includes map updates and apparently my 2016 doesn’t get those for free. I believe the price is $150 and the SYNC version is updated to 3.4. I also cannot log into my Ford account and see the update.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is. For me it’s one I’m required to pay for as it includes map updates and apparently my 2016 doesn’t get those for free. I believe the price is $150 and the SYNC version is updated to 3.4. I also cannot log into my Ford account and see the update.
I'm assuming I wouldn't have to pay for this one since my vehicle is a 2019 built just this past August. I wonder if I try to update from the vehicle itself if it will show up?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to Ford. It was a a glitch with the app and thousands of people got notified of an update that doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's different in the 3.4 update vs. 3.3 and how do I get 3.4? What do you mean by "unofficial" update?

·
Registered
11,475 Posts
How about this. The link has been removed, if you care to have it, there is a thread on the F150Forum detailing what to do with the software available for download, as well as in the 2017Raptor Facebook page. If you care to get updated, it's available if you search for it.

Just like when 2.0 came out. It was available unofficially before Ford officially rolled it out. I think this has been the case with several of the big updates. I had 2.0 early.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So does anybody have an ETA for the 3.4 update?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will Ford have an issue with this in terms of warranty?

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,586 Posts
Will Ford have an issue with this in terms of warranty?

It’s basically pirating

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So probably not a good idea on a new 2019 that will have to go in for warrant service? As it is I have to return my tune to stock a few days before I take it in.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,586 Posts
So probably not a good idea on a new 2019 that will have to go in for warrant service? As it is I have to return my tune to stock a few days before I take it in.
Honestly I wouldn’t worry about them with the sync update.

·
Registered
11,475 Posts
I would imagine if you perform the manual update and somehow brick something, it would be your fault regardless of which version it was. Other than that they aren't going to care what version of sync you have.

The 2.0 update was big because it made Android Auto available. That software was available for quite some time before it was released on the Ford Pass website. I appreciated having it available to me and being able to get AA up and running.

·
Banned
316 Posts
It's out and it's pretty cool. You will need two USB drives. Follow the directions. Took about 20 minutes.

Reactions: mwemaxxowner

·
Registered
11,475 Posts
The files are actually available for free on Ford . Com. Apparently the "IVSU repository is a well known location for Ford sync and other files." I quoted that because it's tech speak I don't understand.

I.e. it's not breaking rules.

I've dug, and apparently for Sync 3 '18+ map updates are free, '17- they charge the $150.

There IS a process to get these files onto the older APIMs and skirting the charge. This I would imagine is breaking some rules, hence removing the link to the tutorial.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The files are actually available for free on Ford . Com. Apparently the "IVSU repository is a well known location for Ford sync and other files." I quoted that because it's tech speak I don't understand.

I.e. it's not breaking rules.

I've dug, and apparently for Sync 3 '18+ map updates are free, '17- they charge the $150.

There IS a process to get these files onto the older APIMs and skirting the charge. This I would imagine is breaking some rules, hence removing the link to the tutorial.

And how do you access this IVSU repository?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.