F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 F150 SCREW, Power Boost, 6.5' Box, 4x4, 1645# CC
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of pictures. Just wondering if they are the lithium battery and the heat exchanger, respectively.

Lithium Battery (2 pics)?
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood
Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Household hardware Motor vehicle

Heat Exchanger?
Automotive tire Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
That is the exhaust heat exchanger.
I don't know if that's the battery since I can't see it's orientation. But I didn't think it was on its edge and running front to rear parallel to the exhaust, but rather laying flat side to side just under the rear of the cab.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive tire

Reactions: Atlee

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the exhaust heat exchanger.
I don't know if that's the battery since I can't see it's orientation. But I didn't think it was on its edge and running front to rear parallel to the exhaust, but rather laying flat side to side just under the rear of the cab.

View attachment 179505
I think that silver/aluminum colored box next to the starboard side chassis rail in your picture is, I believe, what I took a picture of. I didn't see what is above the battery and the gas tank and muffler.

I do wonder what that silver/aluminum colored box is. It has, what I presume, is a symbol for high voltage.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
13,087 Posts
It is one of 3 voltage converters in the truck. Due to its location, I suspect it's the high voltage converter. The other 2 are under the hood. I'll see if I can dig up the voltage loop diagram.

Edit: looks like that's the inverter for the Alternating current onboard

Organism Line Slope Font Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is one of 3 voltage converters in the truck. Due to its location, I suspect it's the high voltage converter. The other 2 are under the hood. I'll see if I can dig up the voltage loop diagram.
Thanks for the info. I did notice a sticker on that High voltage inverter which read, "If dropped, discard".

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
I saw that sticker too. Interesting.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that sticker too. Interesting.
Figuring that piece isn't cheap, the folks handling it better not have butter fingers.

However, a butterfinger candy bar wouldn't be bad right now. :)

·
Premium Member
13,087 Posts
A few more images of the component layout

Automotive parking light Product Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Automotive parking light Tire Hood Wheel Automotive lighting

Light Product Output device Line Font

Reactions: Atlee

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts