F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eh all,

I was just driving to work now and couldnt help (like usual) noticing the offset licence plates around... I then though of a corny thing Jeep guys do.
The classic Jeep wave.... dont know what Im talking about... Most Jeep owners (all years) give each other a wave while passing or driving by. "Its a Jeep thing". Corny, but cool I think.

Us EcoBoost guys should start this as well. Give a nod or a wave. No, sorry you 5 liter guys cant wave, offset license plates only! thats what makes us different.... we all were smart going with an F150, its just the difference in opinions on the engine choice that differentiates us... from them.

Sooo.... thoughts hahaha.....

·
Registered
943 Posts
Eh all,

I was just driving to work now and couldnt help (like usual) noticing the offset licence plates around... I then though of a corny thing Jeep guys do.
The classic Jeep wave.... dont know what Im talking about... Most Jeep owners (all years) give each other a wave while passing or driving by. "Its a Jeep thing". Corny, but cool I think.

Us EcoBoost guys should start this as well. Give a nod or a wave. No, sorry you 5 liter guys cant wave, offset license plates only! thats what makes us different.... we all were smart going with an F150, its just the difference in opinions on the engine choice that differentiates us... from them.

Sooo.... thoughts hahaha.....
No offset plate here in Michigan. We don't have front plates. Not sure how many other States don't have front plates.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No offset plate here in Michigan. We don't have front plates. Not sure how many other States don't have front plates.

Bah! Thanks Wayne, I didnt even think of you guys south of the border with no front plates... guess "its a canadian thing" then hahaha

·
Registered
943 Posts
I look for the badge on the door and give them a wave if I see one.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
I look for the badge on the door and give them a wave if I see one.
What if it's on the tailgate? Or removed. I'm trying to figure out to to install on passenger side

·
Registered
943 Posts
These Staes do not require a front license plate

1. Alabama
2. Arizona
3. Arkansas
4. Delaware
5. Florida
6. Georgia
7. Indiana
8. Kansas
9. Kentucky
10. Louisiana
11. Michigan
12. Mississippi
13. New Mexico
14. North Carolina
15. Oklahoma
16. Pennsylvania
17. South Carolina
18. Tennessee
19. West Virginia

·
Registered
943 Posts
What if it's on the tailgate? Or removed. I'm trying to figure out to to install on passenger side
Then, they don't get a wave from me.

Reactions: 2Canches

·
Registered
510 Posts
I own a Jeep, too. I think I'll just wave to myself.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
If you don't see any plate, then look for either an opening or better yet, a grille in front of the Intercooler. Worst thing, you just waved at another F150 owner.

PS: The "Jeep wave" has been done for decades where I live among "old-timers".

·
Registered
943 Posts
It is cool to wave at all F-150's. :)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
It is cool to wave at all F-150's. :)

And Chevys, Dodges, Toyotas and Nissans too. But I like to make sure they know Ford is #1 when I wave.

·
Registered
943 Posts
And Chevys, Dodges, Toyotas and Nissans too. But I like to make sure they know Ford is #1 when I wave.
I especially like to let the non American truck know about #1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts