F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

My name is Mike and I'm not new to Ford trucks. In 1990 I bought a new Ford F150 XLT long box with the I-300 six cylinder engine and auto trans, Maroon and Sliver (which flaked badly on the hood). I loved that inline 6 and you couldn't beat it to death with a club! My next Ford truck was a 1996 Ford F150 XL 4x4 long box, a 302 engine and auto trans with fiberglass cap and visor color matched to the “Portafino Blue” body color. That truck was bought used and I still have it - 96,000 miles.

My latest Ford F150 may be the best – a 2013 F-150 XLT 4x4 Screw with 157” wheelbase and Ecoboost 3.5L V6! It is Blue Flame Metallic with a Grey Cloth interior
DSC07875_800.JPG

It has Equipment Group 302A and also single CD W/LCD/SYNC Basic, 3.31 Ratio Regular Axle, 7350# GVWR Package, 36 Gallon Fuel Tank and Tailgate Step options. Of course, it has the 6 and ½ foot box
DSC07877_800.JPG

Back end is adorned with the “Seeing Eye” Ford Blue Oval Back Up Cam and Sensors
DSC07878_800.JPG

I really like the Tailgate Step!
DSC07901_800.JPG

I'm 6' 4” and 235lbs and I think the Ford F-150 cab and seats are the most comfortable I've been in. The rear seating area is huge and I love that the rear floor is completely flat when the seats are raised.
DSC07879_800.JPG

I've only got 218.3 miles on this truck so I've got a looong way to go get it broke in. I know the Ecoboost has had teething problems but, I think that it is one of the finest engines going and if it keeps running the way it has, I'm going to NEVER get rid of this truck!

I just ordered a set of Digital-Fit floor liners from WeatherTech and after much consideration I will be getting a BAKflip F1 bed cover with the BAKbox option. The salesman is coming out to the farm to pick up the truck and take it back to the dealer this Friday to install a remote starter and a Ford Tailgate Extender that they threw in on the deal. They are also going to do undercoat, paint protection and interior protection.

Sorry for being so long winded but I'm very proud of this truck and hope to share my experiences as a Ford F-150 Ecoboost owner with all of you on this great site!

Mike :D

Reactions: bill98065

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice !
thats what mine looked like when i bought it and still looks very similar.
although i didnt get the backup camera and 18" chrome wheels

IMAG0291 - Copy.jpg
mine looks alot like this now but im always changing somethin !

IMAG0336.jpg
this one is pretty recent with a few more additions

·
Registered
393 Posts
Beautiful F150...and of course, welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looking good Brian! Great color choice!! LOL! Did yours come with the side graphics? I like those side steps, are they aftermarket?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
868 Posts
the nerf bars are GoRhino Dominator II stainless steel and the graphic was called electro
they were some of my additions !
the graphic was a tough choice but as soon as i bought mine within 2 weeks i started seeing 2 others exactly the same every week and shortly after that seeing even more of them
it was what caught my eye the most out of literally hundreds of choices

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice additions Brian. I've noticed that there are a TON of upgrades/addons/cutomizing parts for the F-150 and Ecoboosts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the club. I like those graphics on the side. Works well with the blue.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the F150 Ecoboost Forum!

Very nice truck!

SPPD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts