F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
So I take it with the IWEs defeated, you need to stop to shift into 4WD? or can you still do it on-the-fly? Doesn't seem like that would be good on the transfer case.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Grinding only happens with partial vacuum. When there is vacuum, the IWEs disengage from the hubs. When there is no vacuum, the IWEs engage with hubs.

Where and how you stop the vacuum is kind of iffy. I don't know enough about the electronic side of the system to say if you can just unplug the solenoid or cap pre-solenoid without throwing a code.

Post-solenoid, you can essentially do whatever you want.

I feel ya. We're pretty lucky that most of the Ford dealers in town have really good service centers, but bad apples are a-plenty.
They have good service centers yet they are aware this is an extremely common issue and make no changes. When they fixed mine the first time the master tech told me "i'm not sure how long this fix will last". I feel like fixing mine at 15k miles is kinda early but having it come back after 4k miles is crazy. Did I buy a 15k mile truck that got the **** beat out of it??

I will def be doing this kit.... I drive my truck extremely soft and rarely use 4wd, but I have it for a reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
With the eliminator kits, does it buck when close to steer lock in 2wd? I think im about to have to either replace my IWEs or get these eliminator kits. My driver side wheel area is started to hum in 2wd but stops after i flip it to 4wd and let it catch them go back to 2wd. If anyone has any more ideas tag me up.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
With the eliminator kits, does it buck when close to steer lock in 2wd? I think im about to have to either replace my IWEs or get these eliminator kits. My driver side wheel area is started to hum in 2wd but stops after i flip it to 4wd and let it catch them go back to 2wd. If anyone has any more ideas tag me up.
No it doesn’t. The best route would be to replace them if the west has already started. Follow that with disconnecting and capping the vacuum source and you won’t have a problem going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
No it doesn’t. The best route would be to replace them if the west has already started. Follow that with disconnecting and capping the vacuum source and you won’t have a problem going forward.

AWESOME,thank you

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ok..so I’m experiencing these problems, the grinding of the hubs and the lack of vacuum, causing the grinding. I pulled of the line until I can find the solution. After reading this I’m still a bit confused about the delete system? I haven’t replaced the check valve yet, but I did replace the solenoid. I just replace the hub actuators to try to fix it, because last time is was a bad actuator and I can feel less vacuum on the passenger side that’s it’s grinding on. Any help? Is appreciated.

2012 Screw 3.5L

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Ok..so I’m experiencing these problems, the grinding of the hubs and the lack of vacuum, causing the grinding. I pulled of the line until I can find the solution. After reading this I’m still a bit confused about the delete system? I haven’t replaced the check valve yet, but I did replace the solenoid. I just replace the hub actuators to try to fix it, because last time is was a bad actuator and I can feel less vacuum on the passenger side that’s it’s grinding on. Any help? Is appreciated.

2012 Screw 3.5L
Last time for me, I replaced the vacuum lines running to the hubs and that solved it. That was after replacing the check valve, solenoid and both IWEs

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have the vacuum line assembly brand new in a sealed box. If anybody wants it just pay the shipping and it’s yours.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Last time for me, I replaced the vacuum lines running to the hubs and that solved it. That was after replacing the check valve, solenoid and both IWEs

Thanks. That’s my next move because I just wasted 22$ on the check valve.

2012 Screw 3.5L

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
There are always two sides to any story. More often than not the truth lies somewhere in the middle. When texting is involved things often go awry. I’m a believer it’s because we can’t see somene’s eyes or hear the inflection in their voice. Set it aside and don’t hold grudges, they just aren’t healthy.

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
After finding more out about it, I'm not convinced there's really much to this, and certainly not enough to tarnish either member's name or do any moderating.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,607 Posts
I've cleaned this up a little bit. I think this needed to be handled privately. Y'all let me know how it turns out if you need to.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
There is only one answer here: cage match.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts