F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought my 2015 platinum eco screw April 2017 and have had to replace the IWE in both sides, twice on the left, once on the right. And now I am hearing a growling noise again and they just diagnosed it as another bad IWE. They will be replacing both IWEs again this time. That's 5 IWE replacements in less than 1 year!! What the heck is going on? Has anyone else experienced as much problem as I have with these? The noise does appear to stop after replacement, so I figure it has to be the IWE. Anything that could be causing premature failure? Typically always drive in 2H, but I'm in MN so I occasionally switch it to 4A or 4H.

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
As aggravating as that must be, it doesn't happen to every truck.

In my opinion the trucks it does happen to, especially multiple times, are trucks that have the "noisy parts" replaced but never actually repaired.
Whatever the root cause of the vacuum based mechanism not operating properly, is not being addressed by the technician.

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
You can buy the whole Vacuum Line Assembly for a little over $30 from Tasca....gonna be a spring preventative maint. project.

·
Premium Member
6,276 Posts
You can buy the whole Vacuum Line Assembly for a little over $30 from Tasca....gonna be a spring preventative maint. project.
You gotta believe that THAT $30 bucks coulda saved Ford 100's of $thousands in second repairs?

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Ford dealership I go to have replaced 6 iwes on mine 2 solenoids and the vacuum lines now so far so good though they said

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mines been grinding for months now but the dealer just claims they can't reproduce it, it's damaged enough now that it wont engage the drivers side tire when in 4h so i have a 3x4 truck now. They replaced the drivers side once but refused to do any testing because they claimed it was a faulty IWE so they never fixed the vacuum leak that causes it.

Ford hardly ever has them in stock so it took 2 weeks when they repaired mine. last few times i've called they have not been available, im going to have to fix it myself since they just keep blowing me off and i did't but a NEW truck to have it not function. I guess shame on me for buying a new ford and expecting it to be taken care of, in my opinion the factory "warranties" are nothing more than marketing gimmick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts