F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I feel like I need to get one of these for my camper now. The vent, and "fan" that's in there couldn't ventilate a shoebox.
Its a pretty dramatic difference. I just wish the fan had "memory" so that I could use the switch on the cabinet to turn it on and off. Right now, when you flip the switch, it doesn't turn on until go up and push the power button on the fan itself. I guess they do have an IR remote version you can get which would resolve that issue but I don't want a remote. Mine does have the IR reciever built in so I guess I could get one at some point if I decided too.

My MIL's $90k Class C came with this exact setup. I didn't realize it when I bought it but I was looking last weekend and it has the same fan and cover.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
So one issue Im having now is discharging my LiFePO4 for storage. So they are supposed to be stored at somewhere around 50-60% or their capacity.

I have a charger/discharger for my RC car batteries that has a LiFePO4 mode and its supposed to be able to discharge at 5 amps but is only running at 0.8 amps.

So, lets see. 170 Ah battery. 60% charge means i need to take out 68 Ah. 68 Ah divided by 0.8 amps means . . . . It should be done discharging about the time I go camping next spring.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
Surely you have an appliance or 2 that could put a strain/drain on it fairly quickly?

Something with a motor or creates heat? :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'd hook it up in the camper and turn everything on. My fridge is 12v though, so that'd drain it pretty quick. You could always hook it up to a 120v inverter and run something with it.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Surely you have an appliance or 2 that could put a strain/drain on it fairly quickly?

Something with a motor or creates heat? :)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
The “issue” is that a LiFe battery doesnt discharge like a lead acid. The discharge curve is almost a totally flat 13.2V from 90% capacity to 30% capacity. So I can’t just check the voltage to see if its ok. I have to meter how many Ah i pull from the battery to really know if it discharged it to 60%.

Honestly, im probably being a little dramatic but its not a cheap battery.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
So i did this crazy thing and read the instruction manual for my changer and found out that it can only discharge at 10 Watts, so the amperage is voltage dependent. At 13.2V that works out to 0.7575 Amps(10W/13.2V) which is why it will only run at 0.8.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

The other day we got a lot of rain and snow and I noticed water dripping out of the ac unit inside. Not a lot, but definitely dripping. So I pulled the cover thinking i had to reseal something but, it turns out, the ac unit is sealed with a foam rubber gasket.

The 4 bolts that basically sandwhich the outer portion of the ac unit, and the inside portion of the unit, had backed out to the point where they were finger tight. I could spin them by hand:

So i went in and cleaned and dried all around and under the gasket, lathered the bolts in loctite, and retightened them so that the gasket is nice and squished.

I also found out that my AC unit can have an optional electric heater. It looks like it may already be wired for it as there is an unused plug in there. I may do that because this last camping trip I probably went through 60 lbs of propane in 9 days since it was below freezing a lot of the time. If I am on shore power, then its kinda like free heat.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts