F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
121 - 140 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very interesting thread on your jayco build, a lot of similarities to what i've done to my jayco. No bike rack on the rear but I did make a storage box mounted on top of the bumper for various stuff,tarps poles ropes etc. Finishing up on my lithium batt upgrade right now,2 sok 100ah batts, put them in an mostly unused cabinet in the front of the trailer. Ran 4gauge cable back to the upgraded 60amp.converter. The one thing I did different from you was a battery monitor from amazon instead of a volt meter. The monitor was recommend by sok as I now can monitor battery capacity along with amperage draw as well as voltage.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown.... Oops, I mean 2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Shiney White
12,642 Posts
And easier to transport when you travel than a bunch of tripod jackstands.
For the long-term stationary RV, the tripods basically take the RV's suspension out of the equation, but they are bulky and heavy to take on the road.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Got myself a Weeboost Drive Reach cell phone booster.

This one is meant to be used in a car. The antenna is magnetic and sticks to the roof(except for you 2015+ guys ).

They also have the Drive Reach RV version that has a different external antenna that extends up a few feet. What I am gunna do is buy the RV antenna and a second power supply and just be able to hot swap the device between the truck/trailer.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I was looking at cell boosters, but geez they aren't cheap.
Amazon US has this one refurbished for 400 USD. The refurbisher is approved by Weboost. Still not cheap but not as bad as $520

That said, it is cheaper than getting fired because you left "early" for a camping trip and forgot to tell your boss and got caught cause they couldnt reach you :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Pretty much the exact same reason I want one.

They are $700 here new and no “used” options on Amazon.ca unfortunately. Maybe I’ll compare to the Drive X version that’s a little cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
This is going back a ways but when I swapped to my Lithium battery I was concerned about my trailer breakaway switch. I was debating because I wanted to fuse it, but what if the fuse randomly blew or tripped? The breakaway would be dead.

So i ordered one of these breakaway batteries thats only 3 lbs:

ML5-12 - 12V 5AH Electric Trailer Brakes Breakaway Kit Rechargeable Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8UO288/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2Y2MPPJ1KHRZM1KY7Z91

And then a Curt battery case:

This system will be independent of the Lithium circuit and will charge off the truck’s 7 pin.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use an old atv batt. for my breakaway switch. Hooked connected my sok batts. a few days ago the voltage was 12.8, after running the furnace. lights and the roof fan every day the batts. still showing 12.8 volts. really liking these batts so far.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Decided to put in a set of outlets with usb ports. Well it ended up being a little more of a task than I though. I figured i would pop out the old outlet, pull the wires, and reinstall the new outlet.

Nope. There is no box in the wall:

The outlet itself was a self-contained box. So off to home depot to buy a 1 gang old work box. Had to trim the hole with my oscillating tool to fit the box but it came out well.

I wanted to install a second one by my sons bed because he has a usb powered sound machine and other stuff, and unfortunately the outlet is in a double wall with only like 1.75” of depth:

Thats a 6” ruler btw

·
Premium Member
709 Posts

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Can you do those shallow blue gang boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No because the outlet itself is basically the same depth as the cavity.

Reactions: Blown F-150

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·

New breakaway battery and box

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Size matters.

·
Registered
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I decided to weld some tabs onto the bumper to hold my license plate. The little plastic tabs on the bottom of the brake light are long gone.

121 - 140 of 188 Posts